How do find out if how booked a ship is????

You can call and ask customer service if the ship is closed out or sold out or booked at what capacity. I bought my airfare to San Juan over the summer knowing that I was going to book the Jan 9 sailing of AOS. I waited for a few weeks before I started pricing the cabins and suddenly there were no cabins! I freaked out! I have always sailed that week and never had a problem with it being sold out THAT early. I called C&A and asked them if they could tell me what was going on and they said that the ship was closed out - meaning that the space was on hold for various groups but not actually paid for so it wasn't SOLD OUT. They told me to wait and not panic as the space would be released if the group did not pay up. So I waited, and it did open up. And now.......it's open again. Thank God!!

Keep in mind that online booking engines will only show a few choices per category. Information about just how much of a ship is reserved is proprietary information, the kind of thing that companies don't typically share with the public.

Travelocity will also give you a pretty good idea. Begin the booking process and when you hit "reserve" it will show you the available cabins. If it shows 6 cabins that means there are probably more. Less than 6 indicates that a catagory is filling up. Remember there are also agents holding groups of cabins that you might not see until after payment date.

Hope that helps!

I agree with poster above - many of the online sites will show 6 or 7 cabins per class, if they are available.

A sure sign of an almost full ship is no availability in several cabin classes.

A sign that tons of cabins are being held by TAs - if the RC site shows almost nothing available, but still shows main (1st) seating dining as available without a waitlist.

Archived