when does the upsell fairy call?

sss10

My cruise is in a month. When does the upsell fairy call? Who does he/she call? We are first-time cruisers and we booked months ago....are we likely to be called? Just wishing!

Basically it's a crap shoot! Out of 8 cruises we have had 1 call which i think is not bad. We refused it because we were doing b2b in Hawaii. We were offered a suite with B & C included but felt it was too much money and plus the fact that Hawaii is so port intensive we wouldn't get that much use out of the suite.

There all all sorts of considerations as to whether y'll get a call such as how full is the cruise, the popularity(demand) of your present cabin.

Bottom line is if you don't get the call be happy with the selection you made and just have a great vacation.

My cruise is in a month. When does the upsell fairy call? Who does he/she call? We are first-time cruisers and we booked months ago....are we likely to be called? Just wishing!

Sorry I forgot, if you get a call it could be any day now or up to the day before you leave.

The Fairy can call at any time - one cruise, we were contacted the day after final payment was due (89 days out). There's no rhyme or reason to who will get the call and who won't.....

I'll sprinkle some fairy dust your way and hope you get the call!

Do they only call people who booked directly with Norwegian?

We booked two years ago with a local travel agent and got an upsell on the Star from an oceanview to a AE Penthouse for $600. total for both of us.

My next cruise in 6 weeks I booked with NCL (a much better experience then a TA). The problem with a TA in an upsell situation is that they may never bother to call you. The TA is the one that is notified. If you book with NCL, the upsell dept will call you directly.

I feel that for an upsell you are best to book with NCL only because you do not have to rely on the TA to call you. I am sure many of these huge internet cruise companies will never bother to call - as they make no money on it.

My first ever upsell call was actually before final payment (that cruise must've been selling really slowly ;)). My last one was less than a week before we sailed.

No one knows how they select who to offer upsells to. Some feel it depends on how you book (TA or direct-but I've had them with both type of bookings). I think (as said previously) it's a crap shoot

In 7 sailings with NCL I've had 3 upsell calls (2 accepted)-so I think we've been extremely fortunate

Hi...Im in a BA balcony on the Pearl. If I were to get a call...what would they offer? A Suite? From experience of others...is their offer a huge price jump

Edit: mbission...I swear I didnt follow you over here...its purly coincidental!

And if I believed that I'd answer your question. ROTFLMAO

Hi...Im in a BA balcony on the Pearl. If I were to get a call...what would they offer? A Suite? From experience of others...is their offer a huge price jump

Now---

One of my upsells was an inside to a balcony GTY (we accepted and got a BA assigned that day). Long time ago, I believe it was about $400 total for our family

Another was an outside cabin to a BA GTY (accepted and got a BA assigned that day) This one was about $300 for our family

Third time was an offer on the BA we had assigned (just above) to an AC. We refused this one...it would have been an additional $1400 total which was almost as much as we had paid for the cruise

Since you already have a BA, if you get an offer it could be any category above that.

As for how much they'll ask...I've heard that they usually try for a percentage between what you've already paid for your present cabin and the current price of the cabin being offered, (50% rings a bell, but I am not sure). Also, depending on how desperate they are to move people (to free up some less expensive cabins they can more easily sell) they are sometimes willing to take counter offers

Archived