Stingray City on Catamaran

DoubleDee2

We have a group of 15 that want to do the Stingray City Tour (with an additional snorkel stop) in December. But we prefer to make it more fun by doing it on a catamaran, not just a regular boat. By my best research, it looks like Captain Bryan is the only one who does a catamaran trip?? Either him, or on the Buccaneer? Is that correct? Can anyone that has been on these boats tell me if they liked the catamarans and if there were nets to hang out in on the front? And can anyone tell me anything that may steer my decision another way? Thanks a ton!

There is the Cockatoo which is probably still under contract to Carnival. I did that one once and it was fun.

Red Sail (under contract to others) offers some. There must be more.

[url="http://www.redsailcayman.com/gc_cruise.html"]http://www.redsailcayman.com/gc_cruise.html[/url]

My family and I did the Buccaneer last March and had a great time. The people were great. There were 2 stops to snorkle and then stingray city. On the way back, they raised the sail. It was nice because it was not crowded, they limit the amount of people they take out, and very relaxing. We highly recommend them.

We used Capt Bryan last Dec. There is a net up front and they had someone video taping. Had a great time. The six of us booked the Buccaneer this Dec 15 because Capt Bryan said our 8:00 dock time could be a problem for the 9:30 excursion. Last year we docked at 7:30 and it worked out fine but we did wait a half hour for others that ran late.

• 2 weeks later...
What do you do about lunch on these catamaran trips? I don't see that they offer food, so do you bring something with you? I'm thinking if you do the 10:30-1:30 trip, we'll all wish we had a snack...do they supply anything??

I wish I had an answer. Just today, the same question popped in my head. I was noticing that the trip lasts from 10:30 to 1:30, which is smack dab in the middle of lunch. The Web site says the boat has a full gally, but there's no mention of food--just the bar. So, I guess there will just be lots of drinking on an empty stomach!

:D

Guest cruzr44
[quote name='Jobro2']What do you do about lunch on these catamaran trips? I don't see that they offer food, so do you bring something with you? I'm thinking if you do the 10:30-1:30 trip, we'll all wish we had a snack...do they supply anything??[/QUOTE]

They do have a cooler with ice on board so you can bring your own beverages or if you are brining a collapsible cooler, fill it up on the ship. Like zydecocruiser said, bring some zip locks from home for any food you take off the ship. If you plan on bringing beer, take it off the ship as you will not find any place that sells it right in town.

Question please?
Do you have to get up and down a ladder on a catamaran? My husband would like to go on one and worries about the strength needed to get back up on the boat. Are there benches to sit on? In the picture it seems as if you can walk right off the boat, is this right? Thanks so much for any answers.

Guest cruzr44
[quote name='kellanrevere']How far from the tender's dock to The Blue Iguana Souvenir Outlet where you meet for Capt Bryans?[/QUOTE]

The Blue Iguana is right across the street but Capt Bryan's is about a 5-10 minute walk from there.

Guest cruzr44
[quote name='lweeza']Question please?
Do you have to get up and down a ladder on a catamaran? My husband would like to go on one and worries about the strength needed to get back up on the boat. Are there benches to sit on? In the picture it seems as if you can walk right off the boat, is this right? Thanks so much for any answers.[/QUOTE]

From the dock there one step down into the catamaran. When you get back into the boat from the water there is a ladder. The guys were wonderful with anyone who needed help in any way. Just let them know and they will be more than happy to help out. Yes there are a few benches to sit on.

Guest cruzr44
[quote name='starznmoon']Yes I'm curious too. I've heard really nice things about catamarans and I've never been on one. Which one should we choose?[/QUOTE]

One has a bar to purchase drinks from and the other doesn't. We had a great time and the guides are so helpful.

[url]http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityCaptBryans.htm[/url]

Archived