Newbie.. Hi Everybody!

Gina477

Hi Everybody,

My name is Gina. I'm a newbie to the forum. I'm glad I found you guys! :)

So I'm fairly new to cruising. I went last year on my first cruise ever. Since then, I'm totally hooked!! I am getting more hooked everytime I log into this website!!

So a little about me. I am married, we have 5 children between both of us. I went on my first cruise with my 2 daughters last year. We went on the Imagination on 8/9/07. It was really nice and a lot of fun. I felt that it was too short, but, I was totally planning something as soon as we got back.

This year, we are going on the Glory on 8/23/08. This time we are going with the whole family. I am so excited that every day I'm researching on the different reviews and excursions and food.. etc.. etc..

I posted a message for Sandi's post on her review for the Glory she went on in July.

Thank you for responding to my inquiry about hotel rooms with 7 people. I want to know everything now.

I saw the post that Randy has regarding the "Dream Team". I am totally booking that today.. I don't know anyone here, but, I'm sure I will be getting to know everyone with some time.

Thanks again for your input and look forward to speaking to you!

Gina

Hi Gina, and welcome. You can find an answer to almost any questions you may have. There are a great buncha folks here, (a few not so much:D). Anyhoo, just ask away. Again, welcome and enjoy your time here.

Hi Gina!

I'm Jackie, and I'm relatively new here too.

I'm also married, and have four stepdaugters (ages 22-24).

Hubby and I got hooked on cruising from my bmom. We've gone on three cruises with her, but we're getting ready for a cruise on our own. This time we're trying a balcony cabin for the first time.

Hello Gina, newbie here too ... ! I've recently booked my first cruise (me and my two kids) and I've since been obsessively reading this blog. It's an addiction for sure!! Perhaps we can start a self help group :D

Gisele

Hi Everybody,

So I'm fairly new to cruising. I went last year on my first cruise ever. Since then, I'm totally hooked!! I am getting more hooked everytime I log into this website!!

So a little about me. I am married, we have 5 children between both of us. I went on my first cruise with my 2 daughters last year. We went on the Imagination on 8/9/07. It was really nice and a lot of fun. I felt that it was too short, but, I was totally planning something as soon as we got back.

This year, we are going on the Glory on 8/23/08. This time we are going with the whole family. I am so excited that every day I'm researching on the different reviews and excursions and food.. etc.. etc..

I posted a message for Sandi's post on her review for the Glory she went on in July.

Thank you for responding to my inquiry about hotel rooms with 7 people. I want to know everything now.

I saw the post that Randy has regarding the "Dream Team". I am totally booking that today.. I don't know anyone here, but, I'm sure I will be getting to know everyone with some time.

Gina

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You've probably already figured out that if you can't find an answer to your question here there isn't an answer to be found!!

Glad you decided to hop into the deep end!! Have a great time!!!

Mach

Hi Gina I don't know what you will find more addictive these boards or cruising, I have not had my first cruise yet, but already feel, well informed, not only from which cabin to pick but everything in between..welcome to the boards..and I'm sure you'll find the answers you seek here..

Hi, I'm Mary. Been on 4 cruises, but only since then have found these boards and LOVE them! Even though I've been on four cruises already I have so much to learn and am learning every day from the great people here! The boards are as addicting as cruising! You'll LOVE it!

Have a great time! I'm jealous, we don't leave until February. :( :o

We are all pretty nice here!..and will be glad to help..just make sure you are very explicit in the question,ie: decks, cab #s, ship name date.. then it will eliminate anyone re-asking you to clarify. Sometimes you get an immediate response, then..some of us sleep, cook, laundry or go outside the house..or are off on a CRUZZE..Lucky is packing as we speak...

The boards are as addicting as cruising! You'll LOVE it!

Have a great time! I'm jealous, we don't leave until February. :( :o

Mary - Thank you! I totally agree with you about the boards being addictive. I don't know if it's because my cruise is in two weeks, but, I find myself not getting any work done!:D

I don't know what you will find more addictive these boards or cruising
Bunkagal - These boards are gonna get me fired!! LOL:p:eek:

Be sure to try the deli on the Lido. Yummy!!!

Mcfam5 - Sure will try it out!

momofzeke, pungo3, Mach, Gisele, Glendalecruiser, Jackie, Cotton & Marylandlady - thank you all for the warm welcome!

Gina

Hi Everybody,

Hi, My name is Mike and I'm a cruise criticaholic and a cruiseaholic.;)

Welcome to cruise critic. You and your family will love the Glory. The rear dinning room is kind of hard to find, but you'll figure it out by Wed...LOL

The Glory was DW's and my first Carnival cruise and we got hooked. She is still DW's favorite ship. We also enjoyed the Imagination, and you're right, it was to short of a trip.

Randy has a Dream trip in the Spring of 2010 and Mach has a Dream trip in the Fall of 2010. See which is best for you time wise and financially. We're planning on the fall cruise since it will be close to our anniversary. Jump on the Dreamin with the crazies thread and get to know some folks. Good Luck.:D

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi Gina,

Welcome to CC. It's a great place to get answers and make new friends. Come on over to the Dream Team thread. We are getting to know each other there. Hope you join us on that one! Have a great time on your upcoming cruise....it will just add fuel to your growing addiction!

Sheryl

Gina, Welcome Aboard!!! We have done 4 cruises with Carnival, the 5th one booked, on the Glory also, but still 57 days away. It's amazing all the information that can be found here on CruiseCritic, always helpful.

Enjoy your cruise and don't forget to post a review!!!

Matt

Hi Everybody,

Gina

Welcome! Just remember, there is no cure for cruising!

Hi Gina,

You are going to have an amazing time!!! Speaking of food, the fish and chips are also outstanding. They are upstairs from the buffet area. Yum Yum!

I have another 356 days until we go again!!! :mad:

Enjoy every second!

Sandi

Hi, My name is Mike and I'm a cruise criticaholic and a cruiseaholic.;)

Welcome to cruise critic. You and your family will love the Glory. The rear dinning room is kind of hard to find, but you'll figure it out by Wed...LOL

The Glory was DW's and my first Carnival cruise and we got hooked. She is still DW's favorite ship. We also enjoyed the Imagination, and you're right, it was to short of a trip.

Randy has a Dream trip in the Spring of 2010 and Mach has a Dream trip in the Fall of 2010. See which is best for you time wise and financially. We're planning on the fall cruise since it will be close to our anniversary. Jump on the Dreamin with the crazies thread and get to know some folks. Good Luck.:D

Hi Mike!

Good Morning and Happy Friday! Only 2 more weeks for my Glory cruise. I'm psyched! I think I will probably try to find the rear dining room now that I know about it.;)

I already contacted Johna and started the process for the Dream Team in the Spring 2010. I am just waiting for her confirmation email. I asked for a Balcony because it will be my birthday week! I AM SO EXCITED!!

I would love to look into the Fall trip as well.

So, now I have another question.. Where do I find out about all the upcoming cruises? I see that there is a Single Parent cruise coming up.. There is the S&S coming up.. There is a bunch of them that I would like to consider, but, I am not sure where to look.. :confused:

Thanks again for the welcome!

Gina

So, now I have another question.. Where do I find out about all the upcoming cruises? I see that there is a Single Parent cruise coming up.. There is the S&S coming up.. There is a bunch of them that I would like to consider, but, I am not sure where to look.. :confused:

Go to the bottom of the page where it says "Forum Jump". Click on that and scroll down to where it says "Cruise Critic Member Cruises". There is a list of all the group cruises here on CC available. :)

Hello and welcome. I can't believe that you are this close to the cruise and getting on this site so late. I found it and have been reading it daily since I booked " OUR FIRST CRUISE". Enjoy your cruise. We are very excited about going.:cool:

Archived