Water depth at Stingray City

Sky616

I was there in '03 and for the life of me I can't remember how deep the water was. My son is 7 and can't really swim yet. Will he be able to touch there and touch the rays?

There are two different sites.

At Stingray City, the water is about 12 feet deep.

At Stingray Sandbar, the water is about 3 to 4 feet deep.

Thanks. Yea, I meant the sandbar.

Any boat that takes passengers should have lifejackets on board for each guest they are transporting. I'd think if you asked someone to get one out for your child they should be able to accomodate you.

We went to Stingray City with Nativeways last year. The water was about 3 to 4 feet deep and I do know that they had lifejackets available for use. The waters were really choppy the day we visited so the water depth was always changing. I'd just put him in a lifejacket and let him have a great time!!

One time when we were at the sandbar we were in an area that was almost 5 feet deep. I'm a little over 5' and I had to stand on my tiptoes. That hasn't happened since the first time, but I thought I'd mention this. I was expecting shallow water and we weren't in shallow water. We've been there since, and the highest the water was was to our waist. One time we were in a place where the water was to our knees.

I looked at all the touring websites that I have read about and each say they have lifejackets or vest. I definately want DD in one at all times. She isn't even 4 foot, so she would need one no matter how deep the sand bar is really, for the most part.

I looked at all the touring websites that I have read about and each say they have lifejackets or vest. I definately want DD in one at all times. She isn't even 4 foot, so she would need one no matter how deep the sand bar is really, for the most part.

I am sure they have lifejackets. I agree, I'd put your daughter in one no matter how deep the water is. We always use Captain Marvin's and they have the type that are inflatable. They're very easy to use.

Chances are VERY strong you'll be in shallow water...I didn't want to scare anyone, but it caught us off guard when it happened to us the first time we were there.

Archived