Chair Hogs

UKCruiser_2008

I have been reading about the "chair hogs" who reserve their chairs on deck early in the morning before going to breakfast, and also about the signs Carnival puts up saying this is not allowed.

I am wondering why Carnival does not enforce this at all. If a member of the crew went around collecting beach towels whach had been adandoned for more than an hour, they could make a fortune out of lost beach towel charges. It would stop people putting stuff on chairs to reserve them pretty quickly!

I have been reading about the "chair hogs" who reserve their chairs on deck early in the morning before going to breakfast, and also about the signs Carnival puts up saying this is not allowed.

I am wondering why Carnival does not enforce this at all. If a member of the crew went around collecting beach towels whach had been adandoned for more than an hour, they could make a fortune out of lost beach towel charges. It would stop people putting stuff on chairs to reserve them pretty quickly!

They are too busy enforcing the dress code...no wait...nevermind.:rolleyes:

They probably expect the adults to behave like adults, read the signs & obey them. :rolleyes:

That's a great rule! I love it!!!

(slap!) :eek:

What was that? Oh, just reality slapping me in the face! :rolleyes: It's a bit much to expect adults to act like adults, even on a cruise ship. It's a great idea, though. ;)

Chair hogging is a problem near the pools and stage. I've never been on a sailing where there were no chairs available anywhere. The problem with taking a chair in a quiet area is that the kids you are watching want to swim in the pool and go down the slide, so what good are these empty chairs?

Isn't this a problem primarily limited to the pool's edge ? Can't you find plenty of chairs further from the pool's ?

Yes. There are plenty of chairs available........people make it out to be more then it actually is IMO.

It isn't any different then any resort or hotel.

If you want to see chair hogs, go to a resort in Mazatlan! Almost makes you think chair hogging on a cruise ship doesn't even exist! Not to mention that if you tip the right employee, THEY will hog the chairs for you!

Archived