Water and Soda

Susie from MN

Ships have evian water, last year believe was 3-350 a bottle about 32 oz.

You can buy a soda card, last I heard about 37.50 for the week,

Bring a bottle of water from home, the tap water on the boat is good, I believe it is filtered. we actually bring couple 12 packs of soda and water, hand carry on the ship, some bring by the case.

---Sorry I couldnt give you more input.

A first time cruiser question - what's the cost for water and soda on board? Can adults buy the cards for soda?

Don't waste your money on bottled water on board. The tap water is purified on the ship and has a very neutral and clean taste. I don't know how much soda costs, so I can't help you there.

I wish I could help you with the cost of bottled water on board, but the only time I have ever purchased it was sparking water in the cabin and i believe it was around $6 for the 32oz bottle and maybe on occasion in Cagneys the same thing. Soda's I believe are $2.01 each. You can purchase a soda card and it is $7.00 per person per day of the cruise. They will let you purchase it as far in as two days into the cruise, but I believe you still pay the full amount as if you had purchased it the first day. When you purchase the "soda card" (in quotes because it really isnt a card it is a sticker they will attach to your room key) you are able to get unlimited soda's for yourself at any bar and even in the restaurants.

Now with that said, you are allowed to bring soda's and bottled water onboard with you. But I do agree with the previous poster that the water on board is really good water. And I am VERY picky about drinking water. You may bring on soda and water and I would even recommend a small amount and then replenish when you stop in different ports. That way you arent lugging around a bunch of heavy stuff with you after check in, which you are waiting on your room. If you fly into the port you leave from, just have your taxi stop at a mini mart so you can pick up whatever you want to take on board with you.

Archived