Is booking excursions with Celebrity, the best thing?

oavcech95

Hello, this December Im going in Celebrity Infinity in SA. I know ports are incredible but because the price I cannot take a tour in each port. I want to take in Ushuaia and Puerto Madryn. So what are the pros and the cons of paying an excursion with Celebrity and a private company.

Thanks.

Hello, this December Im going in Celebrity Infinity in SA. I know ports are incredible but because the price I cannot take a tour in each port. I want to take in Ushuaia and Puerto Madryn. So what are the pros and the cons of paying an excursion with Celebrity and a private company.

Thanks.

The main advantage of booking with Celebrity is you know the ship won't leave without you in case of a delay. The advantage of a private is you get to decide what to do and for how long, and they're usually less expensive as well. Most reputable private options give you plenty of time to get back to the ship.

You might want to head down to the Ports of Call board to the South America forum. There you can get lots of information on both these ports. It all depends on what options you want to do in these ports. Ushuaia is easily arranged on your own, while Puerto Madryn takes a bit more if you're wanting to do the penguin colonies because of the distance. But there's a ton of information there - do a search, then ask a specific question for assistance on how to arrange and recommendations.

South America is amazing!

The main advantage of booking with Celebrity is you know the ship won't leave without you in case of a delay.

Well... not really. You know that if they leave without you, they'll pick up the tab for you to rejoin the ship. (Many travel insurance plans will do this, too.) That doesn't mean you won't experience inconvenience and possibly lose a day of your cruise, but it does mean they won't leave without you... unless the cost of reuniting your group with the ship is less than the cost of extending port time / needing to get to the next port. I have read several trip reports of people who were left behind on ship-sponsored excursions.

The advantage of a private is you get to decide what to do and for how long, and they're usually less expensive as well. Most reputable private options give you plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Well put.

Archived