Had a Great Time Sky 8/4-8/8 LONG

lovesherdogs

;)I have been an avid lurker of the cruise critic forums for several years now, but have never posted. I feel the need to post now because I wanted to inform everyone that my SKY cruise was a lot more than I was expecting. I was very worried after reading about the rough start the ship had, but I was pleasantly surprised at all the SKY ended up being for myself DH and DD's. We were greeted with champange and then found our room on the 8th floor. The room was small with little storage, but doable for a 4 day cruise. It was clean, but a little worn and dated, we did have nice bedding, bath towels were thin. The room steward (never met him/her) kept our room tidy and replaced beach towels , regular towels, ice, etc twice a day. No complaints here. The public areas were a mix of old( not renovated) and new( just renovated). There was A/C :) throughout the entire ship.

I found the staff to be very friendly, there was, however, a communication issue at times. **** (side information I found quite informative!!!!) One of the seasoned waiters in the Palace Dining Room told us that they had undercover administrative officials going into all the dining areas to check service, and admitted that the service for the first two sailing was horrible, he indicated that 90% of the wait staff was new and many did not speak much English. He said the sail I was on was the smoothest so far, so I would assume things will continue to improve although I was happy with wait staff in restaurants, (Loved Il Adagio and found the service and food there to be outstanding). Food in the Palace was good, buffet was okay to good, nothing really outstanding. Never waited long to eat and had no problem making reservations for specialty restaurant. Ate at Il Adagio twice.

Entertainment in the main lounge was great. The comedian was a blast and was family friendly and fun fun fun. The dancers and singers were great. Family really enjoyed all the shows and BINGO (I won too!!). Never had a problem finding seats... bar service was slow in the lounge.

PLUMBING we had no problem at all with our toilet, water, or A/C :D , we did see a few unoccupied rooms where the doors were open and fans were being used. There were certain pockets of the ship where there was an obvious smell of sewage, I was in an aft ocean view cabin and used the stairs a lot and noticed the smell on the 9th floor stairwell but it was not horrible.

We did two shore excursions through the ship and enjoyed both. The jeep adventure in Freeport was worth the money and gave us a great perspective of the entire island. The tour guide was hysterical and well informed. The Atlantis cruise and tour was enjoyable as well.. be prepared to walk walk and walk some more. Atlantis is amazing. Snorkled on the private island and enjoyed that too.

In all, we had a really great time, staff was friendly room and food were adequate, entertainment and excursions were fantastic, and being on vacation with loved ones was a real delight.

Archived