Aquatots on Royal Caribbean

slpinny

Has anyone's little one participated in the RC Aquatots programs? Just wondering if they have it on all of the ships, if its any good, and if they have something for the babies every day or just once in a while.

Just wanted to have an idea of what to expect...thanks in advance!

Aquatots was daily on my last 2 RCI cruises (which were 3 days and 5 days) It will listed in your cruise compass (which is a schedule of daily events, delivered each evening to your stateroom) I think it was 1 or 1 1/2 in the mornings! I want to say 9:00-10 or 9:30 am to 10am.....

We had two who used the Aqua Tots program last Jan. on Jewel. They divided babies and toddlers -- I believe the cut-off was 18 months for the babies and 36 months for the toddlers... we used both programs in our family.

Aquatots was everyday -- on our cruise it was at 9:30 for babies and 11 for toddlers. Due to being in January (I am assuming) there weren't many actually showing up -- most days were were the only ones.

An adult must accompany the child and keep in mind that AquaTots is held in the Vortex lounge (the disco) not a child specific area. It basically consists of an age appropriate Fisher Price toy, a counselor, and play. For example, one day in the toddler session the counselor/leader brought out the Little People pirate ship and accessories and the kids played for the hour.

In my opinion, AquaTots was better than nothing -- both kids enjoyed it -- but it is definately an afterthought and not like the rest of the kid's programs. We sometimes missed it due to the timing -- and I wished that it had been offered more than once a day or at least in the late afternoon. I also wished that there were more "free" times that little ones could play with the toys...

HTH.

Archived