Suggestions to Eat in the Mediterranean

Pebeccer

Hello Cruise Foodies -

Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to eat or grab a snack in Vigo, Lisbon, Cadiz, Ceuta, Malaga, Cagliari, Naples, Florence and Villefrance? Most folks like to shop or sightsee but I'll admit, I just like to eat my way through town. If anyone's been to any of the cities I'd love to hear about any good places you've stopped for a great cup of coffee, love pastries, lunch or any markets you've been to.

Thanks very much!

In Naples within easy walking distance of the dock is a pizzeria/restaurant called Brandi’s, which you should definitely visit! It is the home of the margherita pizza and it is fantastic. The restaurant has more than just pizza but thanks to their ‘claim to fame, pizza is #1 there. They have been in business for over 220 years and anyone can easily give you directions to walk there from the ship!

Actually I didn’t have a bad meal at all on my Med. cruise but, sadly, that is the only restaurant whose name I remember. Basically we just got lucky by walking around and looking for places to eat where we both saw and heard the locals eating. It worked well!

Enjoy every bite of your vacation!

• 2 weeks later...
In Naples within easy walking distance of the dock is a pizzeria/restaurant called Brandi’s, which you should definitely visit! It is the home of the margherita pizza and it is fantastic. The restaurant has more than just pizza but thanks to their ‘claim to fame, pizza is #1 there. They have been in business for over 220 years and anyone can easily give you directions to walk there from the ship!

Actually I didn’t have a bad meal at all on my Med. cruise but, sadly, that is the only restaurant whose name I remember. Basically we just got lucky by walking around and looking for places to eat where we both saw and heard the locals eating. It worked well!

Enjoy every bite of your vacation!

Hello Barbarah33, Just found them on google maps, I'll be sure to check them out. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

I second the notion to head out and get some pizza in Naples...you can't pass it up! While in Veince you will see everything and whether or not you want a quick fix or a sit down experience depends. We were docked overnight there so we did a little of both but there are many places at the Rialto Bridge that are very good. They all have outdoor seating which we did and was able to sit next to the Grand Canal and people watch. Personally, this is where I got my favorite pizza! It was absolutley great!!

Archived