advantage of purchasing drink tickets

nowfe3

I just found and joined this forum today, so I apologize if this question has been asked/answered. I am leaving on the Holiday 9/4/08 with 3 other new carnival cruisers. We live in NO, but due to circumstances, we will be sailing on the Holiday. I have sailed on the Fantasy several times, but any words of encouragement for my fellow cruisers will be appreciated. One question asked of me was the advantage of buying prepaid drink (cocktail) tickets. I think it's a good idea, but was questioned by my friends. BTW, we are all in our early 50's, one couple, me and a friend, and we DO like to have our cocktails. Advantages?

I just found and joined this forum today, so I apologize if this question has been asked/answered. I am leaving on the Holiday 9/4/08 with 3 other new carnival cruisers. We live in NO, but due to circumstances, we will be sailing on the Holiday. I have sailed on the Fantasy several times, but any words of encouragement for my fellow cruisers will be appreciated. One question asked of me was the advantage of buying prepaid drink (cocktail) tickets. I think it's a good idea, but was questioned by my friends. BTW, we are all in our early 50's, one couple, me and a friend, and we DO like to have our cocktails. Advantages?

We just started buying them a couple of cruises ago and the only real advantage is that all our drinks are paid for prior to sailing except for embarkation because the tickets are delivered during the first nights dinner. I have to admit that the alcohol charge was the largest part of our bill because we really don't buy anything else while on the ship. So it was nice to arrive home with literally nothing charged to the credit card.

The hassle of having to carry them and then remembering to use them (after a few cocktails) in my opinion out weighs the savings or reduction in the S&S card. Tried them once and after that decided to save that money and take it with us. What we do is setup the S&S account using a credit card but after the first day go to the pursers desk and put cash on the account. Then it's easy to monitor from your cabin and if needed we put more cash on the account. We either owe Carnival twenty bucks at the end which goes on the credit card or we get a check for around twenty from them under the door of the cabin the morning of debarkation.

They are $21.25 for 4 drinks tickets. You can purchase them thru Carnival's website - Gifts and Services department. We purchased some for the first time on our last cruise. I thought they were nice to have. We are not big drinkers though maybe a couple a day while watching the show.

Advantage is you save the tip. It is included in the price of the drink ticket. Also you hand over the ticket and you are done. During a show there is no little flashlight while you sign your receipt. No receipt to lug around.

I have used them on all our cruises. We love them. Have some left over from the last cruise (we bought some and got as a gift too) so when we get on our next cruise we have some already paid for.

quick question - can you get any kind of drink with the coupon or is it just beer and wine? are frozen drinks included?

yes you can buy the frozen drinks

they are good up to $5.25 they say on them

However you can use them for refills also in the souvenir cup for the DODs

The souvenir cup you will have to purchase for like a dollar .

I do believe . I always buy my first drink with the souvenir cup after I board , then I can use my drink coupons to refill it :D

Advantage is you save the tip. It is included in the price of the drink ticket. Also you hand over the ticket and you are done. During a show there is no little flashlight while you sign your receipt. No receipt to lug around.

I have used them on all our cruises. We love them. Have some left over from the last cruise (we bought some and got as a gift too) so when we get on our next cruise we have some already paid for.

Makes sense to me. Thanks so much for all of the replies.

Archived