semi-sub tour on Grand Cayman

kc1005

Can anyone tell me which of these 2 tours is "better" in your view? The Seaworld Explorer semi-sub, shipwrecks & reef(which looks good to me on-line), or the Ultimate undersea adventure? They seem to be the same, yet I can't figure out why the ultimate is $7.00 more. Does the ultimate go to the shipwreck & reef, or just the shopping(thus adding to the price?). And if you did either of these, did you book thru the cruiseline, or on your own?

Thanks so much! We'll be on the Inspiration in 6 days!--family cruise--includes mil & our 2 kids, ages 8 & 12.

• 2 months later...

:) I took the semi sub while visiting Grand Cayman a few years ago while my husband took the submarine. I feel I saw more then he did. Being six feet under the water was probably like snorkeling. THe sea conditions were not that great while we were there and my husband said he saw very little and the sub went down 80-90 feet which also bothered his ears. I really enjoyed the mini sub. We saw lots of fish even though the water was not that clear that day.

Archived