Irish pubs/bars or sports bars shoing GAA?!

wosheen

I'll be lucky if I get a respose to this question.... but there seem to be a lot of experts here, so I have my fingers crossed!

My boyfriend and I will be in San Juan on Sun 21st Sept, which also happens to be the same day as the All-Ireland Final in Gaelic Football here in Ireland. Does anyone know if there are any Irish bars/pubs in San Juan, and if there are do they show the irish GAA matches via satellite?? In NY/NJ there are a good few irish pubs that get it in, but i'm thinking there are a few more paddies up in that neck of the woods to make it worthwhile.....

Anyway, if anyone knows, thanks in advance!

The only and the best Irish style party joint (I won't call it a pub) is called Shannon's in Guaynabo, an affluent suburb just south of San Juan.

If there's anywhere near San Juan where they would show your game, this would be it. If they're not showing it, I'm sure you could talk the manager into dialing it up in their satellite TV.

Good luck! (But then again, you're Irish).

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1021518-d150029-Reviews-Shannans_Pub-Guaynabo_Puerto_Rico.html

Oh, I just remembered that the San Juan Cable TV company (OneLink Communications) recently substituted the Speed Network with Gol TV, a soccer...pardon, a futbol channel. Check if your hotel carriers it and you might just be able to watch the game from your hotel room!

http://www.goltv.tv/en_index.php

Check the schedules and good luck!

I'll be lucky if I get a respose to this question.... but there seem to be a lot of experts here, so I have my fingers crossed!

My boyfriend and I will be in San Juan on Sun 21st Sept, which also happens to be the same day as the All-Ireland Final in Gaelic Football here in Ireland. Does anyone know if there are any Irish bars/pubs in San Juan, and if there are do they show the irish GAA matches via satellite?? In NY/NJ there are a good few irish pubs that get it in, but i'm thinking there are a few more paddies up in that neck of the woods to make it worthwhile.....

Anyway, if anyone knows, thanks in advance!

Go back a few pages and look for my post about the NFL, they mentioned a few sports bars that showed a lot of sports.

You should come over and join the roll call and say hi. We have a fun group.

Thanks for the respomses - Shannon's might be our best bet, though i know what you mean about pub's being only ""irish" in name... will enquire with them anyway. And while I doubt that GOL TV will show the Gaelic football, it's highly likely it might show some of the english Premiership football (a.k.a. soccer) matches so a very handy tip!! Thanks again:)

Archived