Chankanaab Beach...sandy?

mpacif

Hi! Does anyone know for sure if Chankanaab has a soft, sandy beach part where you can just walk into the the water and swim around?

I want to go there because it got very high reviews for snorkeling, but I also want to go somewhere where I can walk on nice, soft, sand into the water.

any suggestions or experience with this?

thanks!

Hi! Does anyone know for sure if Chankanaab has a soft, sandy beach part where you can just walk into the the water and swim around?

I want to go there because it got very high reviews for snorkeling, but I also want to go somewhere where I can walk on nice, soft, sand into the water.

any suggestions or experience with this?

thanks!

When we went, where we got into the water was actually very rocky. I ended up cutting my knuckles when I tried to get out because I had too much in my hands and kept getting pushed by the current. I'm not sure if you can walk further down and get in the water in a better spot or not. I didn't see anywhere like that, but we didn't walk all the way down beach either.

From my experience, the beach was really nice, but there was no place to walk directly into the water from the sand. There was a sea wall at the water's edge with rocky steps that lead into the water. It's great for snorkeling, but not quite as nice for leisurely swimming like you find at Grand Cayman or Jamaica. There was also a pretty strong current that pulls you away from shore. I would be very reluctant to swim there without a life jacket, swim fins, or both.

No, there is not a beach like you are talking about at Chank. There is a sandy "beach" with chairs, lounges, etc for relaxing. But, when you walk into the water, it is filled with large rocks you have to navigate around. And they are sharp, and it's not easy. If you want to get into deep water you are better to climb down the ladder right into the deep water.

If you are looking for the typical sandy, caribbean beach where you wade in the water on a nice sandy bottom up to your chest, you won't find that at Chank.

If you'd like to see some pictures of their beach, follow my picture link below and just look for the Chankanaab Park pictures.

Not really. There is only one place in Chankanaab where there is sand going into the water and that is the little man-mad lagoon area for the little kids.

15Chanakaab-shore2.jpg

Good snorkeling and a sandy beach (that goes out into the water) are generally mutually exclusive.

No, there is not a beach like you are talking about at Chank. There is a sandy "beach" with chairs, lounges, etc for relaxing. But, when you walk into the water, it is filled with large rocks you have to navigate around. And they are sharp, and it's not easy. If you want to get into deep water you are better to climb down the ladder right into the deep water.

If you are looking for the typical sandy, caribbean beach where you wade in the water on a nice sandy bottom up to your chest, you won't find that at Chank.

If you'd like to see some pictures of their beach, follow my picture link below and just look for the Chankanaab Park pictures.

You've got some great pictures there!! How did you get so many shots of ziplining? My husband and I are going in January and I'm a picture freak. I think we need to leave all our bags in the van, so how do I take pictures of this cool experience??

Was just at chankanaab . No sandy beach into the water. Steps into the water are dangerous, very uneven and slippery. snorkeling is good. Watch out for current father out ,hard to get back to shore if you are not wearing fins. Pool is very nice and beach has some nice shady spots.

You've got some great pictures there!! How did you get so many shots of ziplining? My husband and I are going in January and I'm a picture freak. I think we need to leave all our bags in the van, so how do I take pictures of this cool experience??

Glad you enjoyed them. Two of them were taken by the tour company (the best pics of course :) ). The rest of them, I took. I have a wrist strap on my camera and I went down the zipline first and then took pics of the rest of our group coming down. They weren't as close as they could have been so I just cropped them down when I got home.

Even though you have to leave your bags in the car, I doubt that they would object to a small camera.

Have fun......it's a blast!

Wow. I'm afraid to take my camera, fearing that I need both hands to hold on tight!! We're zipping in Belize then cave tubing minutes later, so I can't bring my good camera. I guess a disposable water camera is the only way to go, but i'm never impressed with the photos. Hopefully they'll have professionals we can purchase too.

Archived