Caribbean Formalwear?

Sikwemu

As everybody who inhabits these boards is the source of all knowledge I throw myself on your mercies.......what is usual garb for ladies formal wear in the Caribbean?

I've cruised before:D but never in the Southern Hemisphere. The other half has no problem except deciding whether to take his black or white DJ but I'm stuck. Is the Caribbean the ultra formal long frock or can cocktail length be worn? Also as it will be fabulous weather and blue skies is it permissable to go (dare I say it?) into the colours?

I've bought a black, halter neck, cocktail dress. The length is mid calf. I think it's fab and I can't wait to wear it in the Caribbean!!!

I've also bought a couple of other "posh" frocks!! One is red, one is black, yellow and green (sounds garish but it's lovely).

Ann

yeah for the ladies it seems anything (within reason!) goes...

my other half tends to wear a lot of black or mixed 3/4 length dresses for the formal nights...

another good tip is to wade your way through the relevant threads and see who has pictures on their pages... there most likely be a 'formal' one in the group of pics and have a look to see what they're wearing and maybe even people in the background....

hope that helps?

don't forget that there normally is a caribbean themed night too..

the fella's all wear those loud type caribbean shirts (available dirt cheap from every port the ship stops at by the way!) and the ladies wear their more colourful dresses...

so even if you think you may have packed it and aren't gonna wear it, that generally won't be the case..

ps even the waiters get in on the act, and all have the loud bright shirts on too...

As everybody who inhabits these boards is the source of all knowledge I throw myself on your mercies.......what is usual garb for ladies formal wear in the Caribbean?

I've cruised before:D but never in the Southern Hemisphere. The other half has no problem except deciding whether to take his black or white DJ but I'm stuck. Is the Caribbean the ultra formal long frock or can cocktail length be worn? Also as it will be fabulous weather and blue skies is it permissable to go (dare I say it?) into the colours?

I have found little difference in what the ladies wear as unless you got out on deck the ship is the same temperature all the year round.

Weight is quite important as you have to get you clothes to the ship by air and that is the only restraint.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived