quick question - Summit V Galaxy

Plumfy

Got chance for either. 10 days Galaxy or 7 days Summit.

Forgetting the difference in days, how would you compare the two ships?

Which one? Why?

I'm leaning towards Summit based on more favourable reviews but not sure what do.

I need to make decision today.

Any any any help greatly apreciated.

Petra x

Vacaed on both and worked on both.... Galaxy has less options and is a tad smaller but it has this special intimate setting that most people will say is so special and unique....something you only see on a couple of ships ... the crew are some of the happiest and nicest in the business all together... i know I was happiest when working on Galaxy... it is always my preference but the summitt is an amazing ship well layed out and beautiful.... you cant go wrong either way... i would decide based on ports, room availablity and things such as that

I agree with Phighting Phillies. Although I've never been employed on a ship, it was clear that the crew on Galaxy was, indeed, some of happiest and nicest in the business. That really made our cruises on Galaxy even more enjoyable. I also love the REAL T-pool on Galaxy. It's smaller than the one on Summit, and it's not free (unless you're in a suite or you're an Elite CC member), and it's much more powerful than the one on Summit. The only thing I really miss on Galaxy is the specialty restaurant, but we managed to survive.;)

Bottom line is, Summit & Galaxy are both lovely, wonderful ships, but I personally prefer Galaxy, and the extra days just sweeten the pot!:D

We've been on both more than once - and repeated the Galaxy twice after our Summit cruises. Both are wonderful ships. There are things I like about each that the other doesn't have, but all and all I wouldn't have a big preference between the two.

I wouldn't hesitate to take the Galaxy given the longer wonderful itinerary they have in the Caribbean!

Archived