Thanksgiving and Christmas cruises

Gema

For Christmas, I know they are decorated. We got off Whisper the cruise before the Christmas cruise last year, and they decorated overnight the night before we debarked. We are going on an SS Christmas cruise in 2009, and I am looking forward to it. I have been interested in more info on activities, too. We are doing Christmas on Regent Voyager this year, and I am not as excited since they are just coming back from drydock.

I've not been on board at Christmas but my experience on a Thanksgiving cruise was -- GROANING BOARD -- does not begin to describe the lavish display in The Restaurant.

It was a feast and very THANKSGIVING traditional that we Americans come to expect...

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with either holiday..

from California

We were on the voyage just before Christmas on board the Shadow in 2007 (the "pre-Christmas" is usually heavily discounted). Towards the end of our voyage, the whole ship was decorated Christmas style, with chocolate sculptures in the lobby and at the doors of the restaurants.

Silversea usually has a voyage that covers both Christmas and New Year. As duct tape posted before, they sailed the Shadow in-between three islands in the Caribbean, with fireworks showing on all three sides while they partied on the pool deck!

I've not been on board at Christmas but my experience on a Thanksgiving cruise was -- GROANING BOARD -- does not begin to describe the lavish display in The Restaurant.

It was a feast and very THANKSGIVING traditional that we Americans come to expect...

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with either holiday..

from California

Interesting. I was on a Thanksgiving cruise a few years back, and the dinner was poor. I wrote in the comment card that the Thanksgiving dinner they served was an 'insult' to Americans. I'm sure I was not the only American(20% of total passengers) who complained loudly. I'm glad to see SS listened. I think they fired the excutive chef, too, a good thing.

Archived