Tortuga Rum Factory

poochierebelbear

Hi everyone!

My mother and I will be traveling to G.C. in December. I wanted to know if anyone has gone to the Tortuga Rum Factory, and if so, how did you like it? Also, how far is it from Royal Palms or the Tender area? Please share your experience. I wanted to go to Royal Palms and then to Turtuga Rum Factory, if time permits.

Erica

we were in gc a few weeks ago--and it is beautiful--so so pretty. water is crystal blue--can be in the water up to shoulders and still see feet--amazing. we took a tour from a company that was on the main street--we went passed the governors house--the oldest cayman house and rum cake factory--cakes and rum samples plentiful and delicious--oh ya--we went to hell--nothing much here but my boys wanted tee shirts. then we were dropped off at the beach--we were able to find taxi back since we went to the public beach. the people were holding $20 pp signs--but i think since we were the only ship--they charged us $10 pp--it was worth it.

we were in gc a few weeks ago--and it is beautiful--so so pretty. water is crystal blue--can be in the water up to shoulders and still see feet--amazing. we took a tour from a company that was on the main street--we went passed the governors house--the oldest cayman house and rum cake factory--cakes and rum samples plentiful and delicious--oh ya--we went to hell--nothing much here but my boys wanted tee shirts. then we were dropped off at the beach--we were able to find taxi back since we went to the public beach. the people were holding $20 pp signs--but i think since we were the only ship--they charged us $10 pp--it was worth it.

Hi, Tell me about the public beach you were dropped off at. Can you snorkel there? and do you know how good the snorkeling is there. Was it a nice sandy beach, or rocky? Do you remember the name of the tour group? My daughter and I will be there on the 26th of this month and I've been trying to find something interesting to do without renting a car. I'm a little leary about driving on the left side of the road. I wanted to practice here and my husband took my keys away from me, what a poor sport he is!! (lol)

Any one else have any suggestions on a nice beach and a small tour of the area. The rum cake factory sounds good to me, see I knew there was a reason why I shouldn't drive in GC. Also our time is limited. We have to leave on the Cruise Ship at 3 PM.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kathy

Archived