LA weather-Nov

pamelajs

This is a changable time of year in Southern California. We could have rain and daytime temps in the 50s and 60s, with nighttime lows in the 40s, or we could be in the middle of a Santa Ana and have daytime temps in the 80s. It is best to plan to dress in layers. A light jacket is sufficient for most but the coldest days unless you are going to the mountains or on a boat out in the ocean. I would not plan on dependable beach swimming weather, but walking on beach is good all year around here.

• 4 weeks later...
It's a little cool right now. We had a storm last night, awesome thunder and lightning, I very much enjoyed it. Our days have been in the low to mid 60's during the day, nights in the high 40's. We sometimes have warmer weather, you just never know. Bring a couple sweatshirts and a lightweight jacket, along with your longer pants.

Check with weather.com a couple of days before you go. Sometimes we have warm weather, sometimes our springs are cool and overcast. If you are going on a 7 day cruise, the weather will not be really warm until you get pretty far down into Mexico.

I suppose the best idea would be to layer your clothes and bring along a couple pair of shorts.

Archived