Swing rentals

gkrnjlr

When we sailed the Victory last year I vaguely remember seeing at Camp Carnival a sign about swing rentals. Does anyone know if they do rent baby swings? If so, how much do they charge and do they come with batteries?

Thanks!

When we sailed the Victory last year I vaguely remember seeing at Camp Carnival a sign about swing rentals. Does anyone know if they do rent baby swings? If so, how much do they charge and do they come with batteries?

Thanks!

yes they rent travel swings...we used one the last time and I think it was 20 dollars for the whole trip....so it wasn't that bad.

they also rent bouncers and strollers

yeah i know! I wish we would of known about the swing the first night...cause that was a hard night! He was teething really badly, and it took quite a bit of walking up on the deck with the warm air to put him to sleep.

btw that is a great tip for your little one... if she is having a restless time and not wanting to sleep easily...you can go up to the lido deck and walk with her for a bit and let the warm air soothe her. Usually there isn't much people up there late at night, so no one will wake her....but we did that, so we wouldn't disturb the cabin neighbors

Did you walk around with her in the stroller? Or carrying her? We have a balcony cabin and wonder if sitting outside might help? Or if the walking would be better. I would love the evening walks and I think it's GREAT that you had the common courtesy not to disturb the neighbors! We do the same, but there are a lot that won't!

Thanks for the tip!

As for teething.....she's going to be 9 months on 9/5......she has yet to get any teeth! I am thinking we may want to pack something for teething! My boys had teeth by 7 months. She's taking her time! I've never used teething tablets. Would you recommend them over Tylenol?

Thanks!

Teething tablets are the best! They definitely work well..the only problem is that the stores usually are out of them a lot since they are popular. I would go to the store and if you see some probably pick up two packages. We are currently using the tablets now, since he is getting his molars.

But we had inside cabins, so no balcony...I am sure the balcony will help her too. We just walked with him mostly in our arms at night, so we could rock him while walking... but during the day he was in the stroller a lot...since at that point...he didn't understand to walk with us..he wanted to walk all over the place.

Now it will be different, because he holds our hands and knows to stay with us... so we probably will save the stroller for the times that he is napping and such..

Exactly what we were thinking.

Extremely affordable, too! Could you imagine trying to bring your own swing? LOL

I brought 2 bouncie chairs on our first cruise, and I know someone else on these boards brought an exersaucer. In each case, we just stuck luggage tags on them and gave them to the porter at the dock with our luggage. Everything showed up safe and sound in our cabin. Obviously, this only works if you're driving to the port.

For our 2 week trip to Hawaii, since there are 8 sea days, I plan on doing this with our big wheels (there's a kid deck on the Golden with plenty of room to play without bothering adults) and then giving them away in Ensenada - our last stop.

Best,

Mia

If you have older children, they also rent Game Boys. I think they were $25 for the cruise. I was very surprised at all the items available for rent. We learned this on the first night when we attended Camp Carnival's orientation. They mentioned the strollers/swings, etc., which we had no need for.

For our 2 week trip to Hawaii' date=' since there are 8 sea days, I plan on doing this with our big wheels (there's a kid deck on the Golden with plenty of room to play without bothering adults) and then giving them away in Ensenada - our last stop.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

What a GREAT idea! You're going to make someone VERY happy in Ensenada, too!

Archived