Just curious--who is invited to dine with the officers?

t34babe

One of the C&A Perks is that after you have 49 completed cruise credits............dinner with an officer (on cruises 7 nights or longer) is another on board benefit.

That hasn't happened to us yet, Patti. I think it's 75 cruises, will let you know soon!:D

We've been invited to dine with the Captain and Hotel Director on Monarch, where we are usually in the top 5 cruisers. I like to think they invite us back because we're entertaining.:)

We were on X Infinity a few years ago and some friends of ours got an invitation to dine at the Captain's table. Her mother was traveling with them in a separate cabin and did not get an invite. When my friend called to decline because her mother was not invited they apologized and immediately sent an invitation to her mother's cabin.

I have a question for all of you who HAVE been invited......did you have late seating? It seems like the Captain's table is NEVER occupied during early seating.

I have a question for all of you who HAVE been invited......did you have late seating? It seems like the Captain's table is NEVER occupied during early seating.

It depends on the Captain and his dining preferences, some prefer early, some prefer late. Some Captain's don't do a Captain's Table.

That hasn't happened to us yet, Patti. I think it's 75 cruises, will let you know soon!:D

We've been invited to dine with the Captain and Hotel Director on Monarch, where we are usually in the top 5 cruisers. I like to think they invite us back because we're entertaining.:)

Just posting what was printed on the back of our letter when we reached D+. There's no mention of 75 cruise credits...............only the added perks after completion of 24, 49 and the 100th cruise credit (which is the free cruise).

Maybe they changed the levels.

Regarding Captains, it has always been during our late seatings, but regarding the hotel director/magager or other officers it was during our early seating.

Once, as someone already stated, we asked if there would be seats available for our traveling companions, and they were accomodated as well.

(We're not D+) As I've posted before, I believe that it was easier to receive invitations in the past, when there weren't so many pax onboard. We're nothing special.

I have never dined with the Captain and would probably faint if asked. I would be a total wreck the whole meal, so I am thankful for that.

I have sat at the Doctors table for a whole week on the Enchantment and never knew it was his. We had two empty seats and did not question it with our waiter.

It was not known to us when we were all seated there for the week until the Waiter asked me to sit next to the empty seat one night. He then asked another lady to sit in the other empty seat, leaving one in the middle. Then in came the Doctor and sat down. It turned out to be a wonderful experience and we all had a great time with him. Plenty of free wine and great conversation. Was I a wreck. Oh yes!

We all got a table picture taken with him as a souvenir which was nice.

Last Oct. we cruised NCL DAWN to New England and Canada....it was the last run of the season and almost 2 wks.in duration. One nite early on, there was an envelope in our cabin, addressed to me. It was an invitation to dine with a ship's officer on a certain nite. This was my 3rd NCL cruise but there was nothing special about us except that we were younger than the avg. age on that boat and female. Now we aren't spring chickens either---the avg. age of the 3 of us is about 50! The officer we "drew" was the food/beverage manager, a rather interesting guy from France. However, he was very much the Frenchman---3 hours of how wonderful France was and how progressive in various areas of societal thought was quite irritating. None of the people @ the table seemed to know how they were "chosen" either. :rolleyes:

Just posting what was printed on the back of our letter when we reached D+. There's no mention of 75 cruise credits...............only the added perks after completion of 24, 49 and the 100th cruise credit (which is the free cruise).

Maybe they changed the levels.

I never read the back of the letter, which has long since gone to the recycle pile. I asked a D+ rep recently what happens at 75 credits - somebody once posted that the single supplement goes to 0, but apparently not. The only extra perks are the officer's dinner and another amenity.

Archived