Favorite Sapphire Dining Room?

bzv143

having recently cruised Sapphire I can only chime in here with my thoughts about your questions and maybe you can mine some answers from those?

I have found the dining rooms on Princess (ok, sorry...Sapphire and Star) to be very different than the other lines we hace been on in that the Princess rooms do not have any "wasted" space. They aren't two story rooms with grand staircases etc. These grand class ships have more usuable space and I think that is one of the reasons they never feel crowded. The four dining rooms that are the P.C. rooms are "smallish" but of course large enough to service everyone. To tell you the truth if we had not had lunch in one of them I wouldn't even be able to tell you IF they had windows. I am sure they did but they were small, along one wall and it was dark so not much to see. For sure, not like the grand hugh windows on am aft two story room. So views? All the same and a non issue here.

The service was fine in all of them, I am very sure the same trained staff work as waitperson and ass't as the "team" for various tables. We also never noticed service better/worse in any of the rooms as we moved around so much that was also a non factor.

Now food, ah that is so subjective BUT of the four rooms that each had their own menu that was themed to that room, we found the entree's in the Pacific Moon to be our favorites. They had a duck and a seafood dish that were outstanding. Now when you go into one of the four themed rooms you get the menu that is tailored to that room AND the menu that is being served in the traditional room as well. I have been told by a few reliable sources that you can actually request any rooms menu anywhere in any room. So, according to that info you could walk into the Pacific Moon, get their menu, the traditional menu and all three of the other rooms menus and order what ever you wanted, I had enough circut meltdown trying to figure out what I wanted from two menus. I did not know about this all the menus thing so didn't obviously try.

We found the decor all different and all very tasteful................I guess when I think about all four of those rooms our favorite one was wherever we happened to be, Have a great ttrip Sapphire is a beautiful ship, they really did it right! (ok that is if you like the bigger ships)

I liked the Santa Fe the best. It wasn't as frantically busy as Sterling, hence the service was more attentive, at least on my visits. The decor was more contemporary than the rest of the ship, so it was a nice change. As stated earlier, in all 4 anytime dining restaurants one is always given the regular menu as well as the themed menu, so there are lots of choices. If southwestern food isn't your thing, you might like dining there anyway. I usually order off the regular menus.

Also, if you choose traditional dining on your Diamond or Sapphire Princess cruise, you won’t feel left out either. They rotate the special dining room menus in the traditional dining room as well, so the folks that enjoy the traditional experience can enjoy the specialty dishes.

Nancy: The above was taken from a review of Sapphire/Diamond by Suzy Cruisy a very knowledgeable travel agent and a used to be very active contributor to Cruise Critic.

We loved all of the alternative restaurants on the Sapphire, but we thought Santa Fe was the most atmospheric. Sterling, Vivaldi and Pacific Moon seem to be very similar in design, all very richly done but similar.

The menus are limited, but with the availability of the traditional menu, the food choices are never an issue. You can't go wrong with any of the choices. Try Sabatini's once during your cruise, it's an experience.

Archived