Ventura 12th September - waitlisted

cclarke12

This is a long shot and probably an impossible question to answer but here goes. Does anyone have a view on how likely it is that a cabin might become available if you are waitlisted. I rang P&O yesterday to be waitlisted for the weekend cruise next month. I thought it unlikely that anyone would be dropping out after final payment but the agent said that a surprising number of people do drop out at the last minute for various reasons and that although there are quite a number of people ahead of us on the list there is a reasonable chance we could get a call, and that when they go down the list of people that have been waitlisted people don't always take up the the offer.

As I said a long shot, but if anyone has had any success in getting a cabin at this late stage after being waitlisted I would be interested to hear it. I shan't get my hopes up of a cabin becoming available though! Thanks

Interesting question...

I'm on this cruise, booked on day bookings opened along with lots of others from the CROWSNEST chat site we are having a meet up onboard at sailaway.

I know this cruise sold out days after becoming available as it was (then) the ONLY weekender for Ventura, and a chance for people to 'try-out-' the ship before commiting to a longer cruise on her.

Ofcourse after that, a month or so before her maiden they released a pre-maiden weekender cruise (which upset people on the original maiden) So this 12th Sept cruise is now the 2nd weekender.

Cabins did become available a while ago when final payment was due, and people dropped out, but these were soon filled by others wanting to see this new ship,

hope you get the chance too

I can't wait - a month today!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this after I had started another thread, on the same subject....:o

I have just been on the P&O web-site, and although it says that the cruise is 'Sold Out' if you hit he 'Book Now' button it will let you book!!!!

Alas, it only has a selection of 2-birth cabins (and I need a 3), and will not give you a choice of cabin, but they are available.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

Archived