European cruise suggestions (sailing with baby!)

BakerNoMore

Hello!

My DH and I want to take a cruise this April/May somewhere in Europe. We currently live in Germany so it won't be too much of a stretch to get there.

We are having a hard time deciding because of the ports. I've read that a lot of European ports can be 90+ minutes away. We are looking for something easier and that would be stroller friendly.

Our baby will be about 18 months at the time. Do you have any suggestions?

I think we're going to sail RCCL. What about a Greek Isles cruise?

Also, has anyone sailed internationally with baby?

TIA!

We are just back from a Princess cruise sailing the Norwegian Fjords. My DD is a similar age to what your DD will be. This was the perfect itinerary for a toddler as the ports are really easy to get around and I would highly recommend it. The next cruise will be in June09.

I am going to post a review (when I get a chance). Also see my thread below (Just back - Princess cruising with a 20 month old).

Happy planning!

If you stick with Baltic or British Isles cruises, they are far easier in terms of logistics for an infant. Most, if not all, ports are very close to the city. We just did a British Isles cruise and there were a number of infants on that cruise, and the parents seemed to have a very easy time. The weather was perfect for strollering around the cities and towns.

Archived