What to do in Cozumel from 1-10pm?

suzistar

My husband & I are in our mid-30's. Our kids will be staying home with grandparents this time. We will be celebrating my husband's b.day and our anniversary during this cruise. Can you please tell me something fun we could do between 1-10pm? We will be arriving on the Destiny in Feb. 2009. I went to Cozumel on a cruise with my cousin and sister in 2003 for a girl getaway. I am ashamed (ha ha) to say we never left downtown ( in particular Carlos 'n Charlie's). So, this time I would like to see some of the island. Hubby is not a beach person, but would go for a short time only. Does anyone know any good packages that include multiple activities that could be done this late in the day? Thank you for your time.

My husband and I have been to Cozumel many times and usually go to Paradise Beach. On one trip we got off the boat walked to the street, not the cab line, and found a nice cab driver that could speak english. He told us 80.00 to take us around the island for the afternoon. We bargained him down to 60.00 and hopped in. He took us accros the island for a tour, we stoped at Mezcaito's a true beach bar, to Coconuts for lunch, he joined us after alot of persassion, great lunch. Then we stopped several times to just look at the beautiful ocean scenery. He bought my husband a few beers from guys on the side of the road selling them from coolers. Our final destination Paradise Beach. We couldn't believe how the 2 sides of the island are so different and glad we took the trip. We gave the driver the 80.00 because he was so good to us. He even came to the bar at Paradise Beach with us and he finally had a beer. Paradise Beach is a great place, food is very good, the bartenders are wonderful, and the view is fantastic. You don't have to be a beach person to just fall in love with the place. You have to take him to Carlo's And Charlie's also.

My husband and I have been to Cozumel many times and usually go to Paradise Beach. On one trip we got off the boat walked to the street, not the cab line, and found a nice cab driver that could speak english. He told us 80.00 to take us around the island for the afternoon. We bargained him down to 60.00 and hopped in. He took us accros the island for a tour, we stoped at Mezcaito's a true beach bar, to Coconuts for lunch, he joined us after alot of persassion, great lunch. Then we stopped several times to just look at the beautiful ocean scenery. He bought my husband a few beers from guys on the side of the road selling them from coolers. Our final destination Paradise Beach. We couldn't believe how the 2 sides of the island are so different and glad we took the trip. We gave the driver the 80.00 because he was so good to us. He even came to the bar at Paradise Beach with us and he finally had a beer. Paradise Beach is a great place, food is very good, the bartenders are wonderful, and the view is fantastic. You don't have to be a beach person to just fall in love with the place. You have to take him to Carlo's And Charlie's also.

Oh I love Carolo's and Charlie's; that place is rockin! Tell me, which side of the island did you prefer, or are they each just so different that you can't compare them in that way??

The East side of the island is beautiful but the sea is rough. But it is worth the ride. Small restaurants and bars to stop and look at the views. The west side is where all the beach clubs are. We had probably been to Cozumel a dozen times before we took the taxi around the island and wondered why we didn't do it sooner. I would suggest a taxi though because we have seen police check points and numerous accidents just on our way to Paradise Beach. Just fender benders but I am sure wouldn't want to be getting back to a ship on time and be involved. After Paradise Beach we head downtown to window shop and get pestered by the shop keepers, all part of the experience, and usually end up at Carlos and Charlies just for a few laughs. We are in our 50's and 60's and still enjoy watching the sights and fun at carlos and charlies. I feel to just plan an excursion and do one thing in Cozumel doesn't let you experience the island. I have heard many people say they diidn't like it there but they just went shopping and that can get old real quick, because most of the shops have the same things. To me you have to get in a cab see the island, stop at a beach club, the water is beautiful, and go down town , all of this can be done easily in one day. Have fun!

Archived