Custom Question - Need Help Quickly

NanaC

Hi There!

I desperately need your help. My husband and I are leaving tomorrow for Vancouver, BC in order to sail to Alaska this Friday. My question concerns Canadian Customs and prescription medicine. Do we have to take our medicine in the original bottles or can we carry them on in the weekly pill container? I have made copies of the prescriptions, but do not have the pills in the original bottles.........I would appreciate any help you can give me. (I heard that if they are not in the original bottles, they just throw them out! ) No way will that work!

Thanks so much!

NanaC

Hi There!

I desperately need your help. My husband and I are leaving tomorrow for Vancouver, BC in order to sail to Alaska this Friday. My question concerns Canadian Customs and prescription medicine. Do we have to take our medicine in the original bottles or can we carry them on in the weekly pill container? I have made copies of the prescriptions, but do not have the pills in the original bottles.........I would appreciate any help you can give me. (I heard that if they are not in the original bottles, they just throw them out! ) No way will that work!

Thanks so much!

NanaC

Drugs for Medical Use

Prescription drugs should be clearly identified and should be carried in the original packaging with a label that specifies both what they are and that they are being used under prescription. It is also a good idea to bring a copy of your prescription and a contact number for your doctor.

Diabetics and others who have to bring syringes with them should also carry some evidence of their need for using these.

Hi There!

Thanks so much!

Drugs for Medical Use

Prescription drugs should be clearly identified and should be carried in the original packaging with a label that specifies both what they are and that they are being used under prescription. It is also a good idea to bring a copy of your prescription and a contact number for your doctor.

Diabetics and others who have to bring syringes with them should also carry some evidence of their need for using these.

It is always best to travel with the orgrinal prescription bottles and copies of your prescriptions. However the likelihood of there being an issue is somewhere between 0 and .001% particularly as you have copies of your prescriptions.

I have decided to just go with a pill box and one critical small sized original perscription bottle. The idea of packing 9 bottles in a carryon is just too much. The odds are slim that they will even look, if they do I will just toss the pill box and skip the meds for a week, except for the one critical one. I am not a Doctor, but I don't think it will cause me any problems.

I will only be in Canada for one day prior to boarding the ship for Alaska. If they have a problem with my meds, I will respect the laws of Canada.

I have decided to just go with a pill box and one critical small sized original perscription bottle. The idea of packing 9 bottles in a carryon is just too much. The odds are slim that they will even look, if they do I will just toss the pill box and skip the meds for a week, except for the one critical one. I am not a Doctor, but I don't think it will cause me any problems.

I will only be in Canada for one day prior to boarding the ship for Alaska. If they have a problem with my meds, I will respect the laws of Canada.

I'm sure it won't even be an issue.

Although I am always careful to carry my meds in the original prescription containers, I have never, in all the years I have been travelling back and forth from Canada to the US, been asked any questions about my medications. These guys on both sides of the border have a pretty good nose for what they are looking for and don't hassle the average "customer".

Archived