A couple of questions for the seasoned.

My husband is currently deployed and I wanted to book us a wonderful cruise after he comes home. We are in a balcony wrap-around cabin (9A) on the Glory for New Years. Is this a good cabin? I want this trip to be as relaxing and wonderful as it can be for him. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can make it special just for him? He deserves all that I can give him no matter what the cost.

My husband is currently deployed and I wanted to book us a wonderful cruise after he comes home. We are in a balcony wrap-around cabin (9A) on the Glory for New Years. Is this a good cabin? I want this trip to be as relaxing and wonderful as it can be for him. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can make it special just for him? He deserves all that I can give him no matter what the cost.

That is a great cabin. Don't forget to ask for the Military discount! You will be happy that you booked it. We just had a 9-A wrap on the Glory and will have it again on the Triumph and the Glory again in February. Don't sweat it as it is one of the best cabins on the ship, IMO. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you and your husband for his service overseas. It is greatly appreciated.:D

You will love your 9A and your DH will enjoy relaxing on that great big balcony and watching the world as it goes by.

I am sure that being on a cruise with you will be as special as anything monetary thing you could do. Don't know what ship you are going on but if there is a Supper Club have dinner there one night.

A great big thanks to your DH for his service to his country and helping to protect us here at home.

I hope you and him have a wonderful cruise.

First of all I want to THANK him for his service, you too:) . Many say the Cabin club is great!!! Kind of like the mile high club if you get what I mean;) . Have a great cruise and make him feel welcomed when he returns:o .

you and your husband both deserve a wonderful cruise!!

Bless him for his services and Bless you for all you have to endure.

You will love the Glory! I have been on her twice.

a 9 A is a wonderful wonderful stateroom. Enjoy it, and enjoy each other!!!!!

Denise

Thank your husband for his service to our country. He and you have endured much for us, and we really appreciate it. :)

Have him wear his dress uniform to dinner and afterward and I guarantee, your bar tab will be Zero, Zilch, Nada. :D

by my now favourite CCL check-in gal..Nance..I passed it on to him, and he returned the tx as well..She and I have become great pals..So, I'll pas the thanx on to U2 too! Hope he takes his dress uniform to wear, as u probly will not have to buy a drink !

You've got a great cabin.

Make sure he brings his dress uniform for formal nights. He won't be able to buy himself a drink.

I think you'll be amazed how many people will thank him for his service, shake his and and offer to buy him a drink.

Please, when you have a chance, thank him for me for his service and thank you, as well...

Mach

First, I thank him and you for your sacrifice to our Country. You will love the Glory as we do, we have been on her 3 times.

I ditto all of the above comments, especially the part of him wearing his dress uniform on Formal nights. Relax and enjoy the cruise as you both deserve it.

Great cabin! I have pictures of 6452 and 7445 on the Glory, both 9A's, if you are interested. My DH served 20 years in the Marines, and we had two tours at Camp Lejeune...both in 2/2. I understand and appreciate the extreme sacrifice a family makes....you are both deserving of a wonderful cruise, and what better ship than the Glory! The theme is colors, and it is a beautiful ship! Please pass along my thanks to your DH for his service.

OORAH!

Maybe you can order Bon Voyage decorations for the room.. something to make that wonderful cabin extra special!

Enjoy your cruise and your time together!

Catrin

Thanks to everyone!! I passed along all of your "thank yous" to my husband when I spoke to him this morning. I'm so happy that I apparently booked a good cabin. Never having sailed on the Glory I was a bit worried after reading some of the cabin stories on this board.

To Gail: I wish I could get my husband to retire.:) You know how those Marines are...never want to leave if there is a job to do. Camp Lejeune is not my favorite place, but I manage. WIth the deployment schedule that we have here on base I can offer my "seasoned" wisdom to a lot of the new wives.

I am also a wife of a soldier who just returned from serving our country in Alert Nunavut, yes it is cold, dark and dangerous.The risk of liver failure, risk of frost bite,risk of being eaten by those furry coca cola bears that they make look so cute in the commercial would not hesitate to track and eat a human.

I can say for us the most important thing you can do for your husband is to give him time with you.His normal is not what we get acustomed to while they are gone it will be hard for you to readjust to having him home as you adapted to him being gone so allow yourself time too.

My Dh was just craving the time to be with loved ones and friends.Relax , hold hands, enjoy each others company.

I founded "operation tie it on for the troops" up here at work to give recognition to all who serve not just select tours of duty.All you hear about here is Afghanistan but our soldiers are along side yours even if it is in spirit we support you ,your family and all your soldiers that serve their country no matter where they serve.Thank you for doing what you do everyday to support your family it is as important as your Dh serving over seas

God bless you and thank you to both of you

Regards from Canada

Thanks from one Marine wife to another :) I agree if your DH is willing have him bring his Dress Blues. DH and some of our other Marine friends wore theirs two years ago and had the opportunity to meet some great people. Yes DH was offered a ton of drinks but he isn't much of a drinker but he enjoys talking to others who are in the military and we met quite a few. On our last cruise he didn't bring the DB's because after he returned from Fallujah they didn't fit and we didn't have time to have them tailored :( At formal night we saw so many in their uniforms that DH wished he had brought them.

Have a wonderful cruise and lots of thanks being sent your DH's way.

Ahhh Camp Lejeune, had some good times there but don't miss it:rolleyes: I do miss Onslow Beach and our late night fires on the beach though :)

Great cabin, I'm jealous! I'm also at Camp Lejeune, when does your husband return? Mine should be home in about 5 weeks! (Only military wives get excited that they "only" have 5 weeks until they see their husbands! lol). We're taking our cruise over Thanksgiving (coincidence) and it will be for his 25th Birthday which he celebrated last week, his homecoming, and our 2 year wedding anniversary is less than a month after the cruise. We're super excited for our first cruise and have splurged for a balcony. It's going to cost about 1/2 of our deployment saving, but oh well!

If you haven't already booked travel insurance and you have USAA, get their insurance! It is going to cost us 1/2 the price as elsewhere and covers if leave gets taken away for any reason

Semper Fi, USMC 1970-74. DW and I want to thank the two of you for your service:D . Balcony wrap arounds are great. You and he will definately enjoy it. Like someone else mentioned, make sure you get the Military Rate. Carnival salutes all Vets and active duty military with a great rate. It is their way of saying thanks to all that have served. I also agree that DH should wear his Dress Blues to formal night. There is absolutely nothing like a Marine in his/her dress blues. I guess I'm a little biased:D . DW still feels that the Glory has been our favorite ship. Me, I like them all:) . LOL God Bless you and have a great cruise. HooRahhhhhhhhh.

Let me join in and thank you and your husband for his service to our country, and to you for the sacrifices you have also made. May I add one thing you may want to do. That would be to have dinner one night in the Emerald supper club. When we were on the Glory in June, we had dinner there, it is very romantic and very good.

Keith

I will have my husband take his mess dress. It's a little more comfortable than the dress blues, but just as formal.

Crzycick: I fear that we are a bit older than you and your husband. ;) I'm so happy to hear that your husband is due home so soon. Mine just got extended (not that I was shocked) so I'm not quite sure when he will be home. That was one of the reasons that we scheduled so far out. I'm a firm believer in spending some of the deployment pay on a vacation. Enjoy your cruise and celebrate everything. I joked that since my husband has missed my last 5 birthdays that none of those counted. :p His count, of course, since he is younger than I am.

I will have my husband take his mess dress. It's a little more comfortable than the dress blues, but just as formal.

Crzycick: I fear that we are a bit older than you and your husband. ;) I'm so happy to hear that your husband is due home so soon. Mine just got extended (not that I was shocked) so I'm not quite sure when he will be home. That was one of the reasons that we scheduled so far out. I'm a firm believer in spending some of the deployment pay on a vacation. Enjoy your cruise and celebrate everything. I joked that since my husband has missed my last 5 birthdays that none of those counted. :p His count, of course, since he is younger than I am.

Lol, I figured you were older by some info you wrote, I can't remember now what it was--and far too lazy to reread the thread :-) --But I believe it had to do with how many years he's been in or something along those lines, or helping new wives.

I wish we had been able to book a cruise ahead of time, but was too nervous with how the military is. I am going to be calling today to book the November cruise which means my choice in cabins is extremely limited. But I did just find out that USAA has great travel insurance that will cover us if his leave (which was JUST approved yesterday finally!) gets taken away. And it's less than 40 bucks a person! Much cheaper than Carnival's insurance and Carnival won't refund for leave issues

Thanks for the info about USAA insurance. I contacted them and it's $181 for our cruise, but that includes cancellation for leave being revoked. That is very important to me. Especially with the schedule they have right now. It seems that every marine on base is either getting ready to come home, getting ready to go, or just left. I've never seen a deployment schedule the way it's been the past few years.

That is why it is so important that we take these vacations and make the personal time quality time.;)

As an Army wife I can say that it would not matter where you booked on the ship he'll love it as it's away from it all. But with that big Balcony you may never get him out of the cabin! ;) As any Military wife knows when they come back it's all about family and a little down time. Mine always loves going on a Cruise when he returned from a deployment and if it was booked before he came home it really gave him a little more to look forward to. :) Plus he always bragged to his fellow soldiers that when he got home he was taking leave on a Cruise Ship! So yes wear the Dress Uniform but let him know he will get a lot of attention, people just want to show their appreciation to those in uniform. It's a wonderful thing and will make you feel very proud but it can be very emotional for your Marine as it was for my Soldier he needed a few minutes away from everyone to compose himself. As you know they don't want the attention to them it's just their job. I am so lucky after 23 years mine decided to retire and yes we celebrated with a Cruise for that milestone also! :p With Carnival I have had to cancel a Cruise when he was active duty and deemed mission essentional. They were so good about it, no loss of money to us it went into a Credit for a future Cruise. (we did not have travel insurance as we only had booked about 15 days out and his leave was approved before booking) But we were driving to the Ship not flying not sure how that would have worked. Anyway have a WONDERFUL Cruise there are some great ideas on here for you. Decorate the room, order a few surprises to be in the Cabin for him (and you) plan your shore time. And please let him know that he's in our thoughts and prayers always.

Archived