What time off Ryde?

tom_uk

OK all you experienced P&O cruisers: if the ship is departing from Southampton at 5pm, how long will it take before it's passing Ryde on the Isle of Wight?

I htink it's got to be over an hour, hasn't it? - the run down Southampton Water is pretty slow, and then there's Bramble Bank to negotiate. Would 60 to 75 minutes be about right? i.e. 6pm to 6:15 or so?

OK all you experienced P&O cruisers: if the ship is departing from Southampton at 5pm, how long will it take before it's passing Ryde on the Isle of Wight?

I think it's got to be over an hour, hasn't it? - the run down Southampton Water is pretty slow, and then there's Bramble Bank to negotiate. Would 60 to 75 minutes be about right? i.e. 6pm to 6:15 or so?

At the earliest.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

We recently sailed from Southampton on NCL - we should have left at 16.00 but a view of our car parked in the compound as we sailed past (how sad is that?) is timed at 16.27 so we probably set sail at about 16.20.

We have photos timed at 17.55 just east of Cowes. At 18.06 we have shots of the Spinnaker Tower at Portsmouth (practically opposite Ryde). This would indicate about 1hr 45 from departure. I suppose tides could also influence the time taken, if this is of any help.

On the 21st of June, Arcadia cast off from the Mayflower Terminal (Berth 105) at 16:36. She passed the Queen Elizabeth terminal (Berth 39) at 16:53. She passed the North Sturbridge buoy, which is the black and yellow buoy with a quickly flashing white light off of Ryde, at 18:08.

VP

we sometimes watch the ships go past at stokes bay, we get there for 18.00 with fish and chips,and wait it depends on how many are leaving that day so be on the pier head for 18.00 and wait have a nice cup of wightlink coffe lol:) :) :)

6:19 was the answer, at least last Friday - I took a number of pictures of Aurora gliding past from the end of Ryde pier, and the ones in which she's just about directly in front of me are all timed at 6:19.

I'll post one of them soon.

6:19 was the answer, at least last Friday - I took a number of pictures of Aurora gliding past from the end of Ryde pier, and the ones in which she's just about directly in front of me are all timed at 6:19.

I'll post one of them soon.

And here's a link to it:

http://tomtotley.wordpress.com/files/2008/08/aurora_1_1000.jpg

Archived