Should we rent a car in Corfu?

We arrive in Corfu at 12.30pm and leave at 8pm in the first week in October. Is it easy to rent a car to see the island? Where should we go if we do this, and should we arrange one in advance? Anyone got any helpful suggestions, please?

we did and had a good time. we went to paleo first thing. visited the monastery, hung out at the beach, and had lunch. then we drove to the achilleon palace area. although it was cool to see a bit more of the island, i'd recommend just sticking to the northern coast unless you actually want to go see the palace.

I just came across this thread, and I was on Splendour doing a Med cruise in May. I have to say it depends on your expectatons. If you want to do a short (7 day) cruise, leaving and returning to the same port, as we did from Venice, you do not have many options. In my opinion, the food was good enough; the staff and service were excellent. However, Royal Caribbean, at least on this ship, offers what felt like a bare bones experience to all five of us (from three different households). We still had a great time because the ports were wonderful. The entertainment was completely sub par as compared to our Princess, Celebrity, and Carnival experiences. And, of course, the room amenities are less -- no lotion and touches like that, just shampoo in a dispenser. And no lobster and no baked Alaska. I would cruise with them again, but only for a very good price and an itinerary that exactly suited my needs.

Archived