Packing questions liquids

mcamis23

We are driving to Tampa on Saturday and leaving on the Legend Sunday. (I am going to try to put up a nice review when I return).

I want to take 2 bottles of wine (allowed limit for 2 people), about 10 cans of pepsi and some bottles of water.

Where should I pack these? Is it correct to pack the wine in your carryon (I am not flying) or should I pack them in my checked baggage. I don't want them taken away and I am nervous about what to do. If I put in in my carryon, do I tell them before they scan it? I have never taken wine on a cruise.

I plan on packing the other drinks in checked baggage. They shouldn't confiscate that amount, right? I took this amount on RCI and it was ok.

Also, does anyone know how strong of a magnet you need to put on the balcony door to keep the air conditioning running? I know this is bad, but we will only do it occassionally.

Thanks!!

My wife and I have been on several Carnival cruises and always take our wine and Coke products with our carry on. All of the "other" we purchase in plastic bottles and pack in our checked luggage. We have never had a problem with it breaking or leaking. We buy the "other" at a store in the port city and pack it in with our clothes. We also bring our Magic Bullet mini blender for making our drinks in the cabin. We bring a collapsible cooler on wheels and put our soda in it and tip our cabin steward when we first get on the ship as well as a phone card and something from our home state as a souvenier to assure we get our cooler filled with fresh ice every morning. The little tip to your steward goes a long ways. Have fun !!!

I used my seal-a-meal.

Very smart!!!

I just use bubble wrap and one of the biggest ziplock bags. I've not had a problem yet! The sodas/waters, I carry on rather than putting in checked baggage.

Can't help you with the magnet. I've never done it since DH is a huge conservation fellow.

....tip our cabin steward when we first get on the ship as well as a phone card and something from our home state as a souvenier to assure we get our cooler filled with fresh ice every morning. The little tip to your steward goes a long ways.

No need to do that. The stewards always fill ice buckets twice a day anyway, when they refresh your cabin. Most of them have drawers full of phone cards, I've been told by them. They don't want nor need any souvenier from your home. Cash is the magic word for any tips.:)

This brings up another question...if you're flying, you obviously can't carry on a 6pk of soda, so do you pack it? Any stores near the terminal to pick it up before boarding??

Thanks.

Most of my cruises were within driving distance of my home (I previously lived in Florida). However, if you are flying in, just ask the taxi driver to stop at a convenience or grocery store on the way to the port. They'll be glad to do so.

Archived