Spirit Cabin Guide

twinkle toes

OK, I thought it would be interesting to try this, so here goes.

Can everyone who has cruised before on the Spirit, please list what cabin number they were in, and then list why the would or would not ask for that cabin again, as far as water noise, elevator noise, pool noise, etc.

that could keep your busy for a LONG time..

balcony 9636...loved it!!! great location between aft elevators and mid-ship. no inside cabins across the hall. it's a service area, but we heard NO noises from there. less people in the halls. with less cabins in the area, the halls weren't blocked with cleaning equipment all morning.

OK, I thought it would be interesting to try this, so here goes.

Can everyone who has cruised before on the Spirit, please list what cabin number they were in, and then list why the would or would not ask for that cabin again, as far as water noise, elevator noise, pool noise, etc.

Great idea. Maybe the moderators can make it a "sticky". We just booked our first NCL cruise and this would have been so helpful. And it's not too late to change our minds if we see a not-to-be-missed cabin.

Katink

We were in an inside cabin. Cabin number 6007. This room was great. This was my first cruise and I have nothing to compare it to. I loved the fact that the room was very quiet except for when we left a port at like 1 am. We heard them pulling in the lines or the anchors, I am not sure what the noise was but it didn't last more than 20 minutes.

The only other issue we had with this room was when we started rocking the closet door wasn't staying closed so it kept slamming back and forth. My husband stuck his boot in the door and all was quiet again. :)

We loved this balcony.:D It's forward on the port side. Just a few doors down from the forward elevators. The only down side was it was a pretty long hike to the back of the ship.:( But I figure that it helped me keep my weight down after eating for the 2 weeks we were on the cruise.

We had an inside cabin, 11009.

Do NOT book this cabin. Aside from noisy neighbors, which I'm not including, the cabin was extremely noisy. We must have been under or near a kitchen or something because there was really loud rolling and crashing noises all night long. Horrible, horrible. It never seemed to let up.

All three of us were woken up at various times each night and at least I am a very heavy sleeper.

Avoid at all costs!

We had an inside cabin, 11009.

Do NOT book this cabin. Aside from noisy neighbors, which I'm not including, the cabin was extremely noisy. We must have been under or near a kitchen or something because there was really loud rolling and crashing noises all night long. Horrible, horrible. It never seemed to let up.

All three of us were woken up at various times each night and at least I am a very heavy sleeper.

Avoid at all costs!

Looks like you were directly underneath the Galaxay of the Stars dance floor:eek:

LARGE inside cabin

Great location (especially if you are traveling with children)

Located close to arcade, kid's pool, kid's crew

Located around the corner from stairs and elevators

Two levels directly below the buffet

No noise problems to report

Word of advice: Before booking a cabin ALWAYS check the deck plans to see what is directly above and below you:)

Fantastic Suite - nice size balcony - wonderful bath area with jacuzzi.

Downside - full forward with that darn heavy water tight door - creates quite the vortex when under sail. We too had the sliding closet doors that banged throughout the night - until we wedged the menu in there. ;) But the views from the suite were wonderful and the space to die for. :D note: we did have them remove one of the small living room chairs so that the balcony door was more accessable.

Loved it! Awesome room and it had a half bath. Only the corner AB's have a half bath along with the wonderful full bath with jazzuci tub. It also had a great bar that you could walk behind. Some people find the balcony to be too windy when the ship is sailing but I didn't have a problem with it. Only bummer is that you have to keep the curtains drawn at night because it creates a glair for the bridge. Nice and quite cabin...never once heard a loud noise from above!

Do You think 11002 will be noisy too? I think we're under the smoking room or writing room. on the NCL Spirit

The smoking room is attached to the library and is usually pretty quiet. You might be able to hear some of the music and activity from Galaxy of the Stars, but unless you plan on turning in early at night, it shouldn't be a problem. Good luck and let us know how it goes:)

I listed both because my parents were in the suite and we spent alot of time up there as well.

Their suite was very quiet as it was in a more private hallway. Balcony was small in size (similar to the balcony room size) but plenty of room for a table and two chairs. No lounger though. Their room was nice in size with a large living area with a small bar and dining area an a sitting area. Their bedroom was roomy with a king size bed that you could close off with curtains then a dressing area and large bathroom. There was double sinks and a separate dressing table. Jacuzzi tub that was cornered by windows and a walk in shower that also had a window and a separate bathroom (potty) enclosed with frosted glass. You could close the pocket doors (mirrored) between the bedroom/bath and the living area. Room size was similar to having two regular balcony rooms side by side with a double door between them. Butler service was great as well as the other perks.

Balcony room

We were in a BD and also had family in the rooms on either side of us (block of 5 rooms). Very convienantly located so we didn't have a huge walk to anything. Our luggage tags said we were forward, but we were about a minute walk from the mid stairs. We were on the Starboard side and had port views most of the time. We were directly over the lifeboats but this didn't take any view of the water from us. We did hear them squirting the lifeboats with a power washer one night but it wasn't a big deal. This is the perfect location for anyone sensitive to motion sickness. My sister is VERY sensitive and had absolutely no problem. This is also a connecting room as were all of the ones we were in.

6035 inside, HUGE cabin with sofa. Foward location next to stairs, a little bit noisy but the size made up for it and only 1 deck up is the promenade. I would book it again, I really liked it.:)

9622 Balcony, mid ship great location, 3 doors down from stairs & elevators, only cabins above and lifeboats below w/ no obstructions from balcony. Would book this one again also.:cool:

We were in AB suite 10502. It has 2 balconies, one under the bridge & one on the port side by the bedroom. It was great for arriving and leaving ports. It was pretty rocky up there. I remember keeping myself from rolling out of bed a couple times during the night by putting my hand on the wall next to me. The only noise we heard was the toddler next door. The wall between the suites looks like a screen that can open, not a solid wall. It was nice having that second potty, too. I wrote a 2 part review in May which has more info. about our 6 day Fl./Bahamas cruise. The links are below. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=769124

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=769196

Archived