2-year old in sofa bed

CA27

just been on independence of the seas with our 2 year old, we took her ready bed along with us (toddlers inflatable bed). It fitted in nicely between our bed and the wall so she had no room escape

just been on independence of the seas with our 2 year old, we took her ready bed along with us (toddlers inflatable bed). It fitted in nicely between our bed and the wall so she had no room escape

What's a toddler inflatable bed?

crusinmama06 - I'm seriously considering giving up the JS for a higher up deck. When we booked we were told there were no cabins higher than deck 8 so maybe I'm wrong. I'm just waiting for things to shake out after the initial rush is over. I'm sure cabins higher up will open up later

Question: Do I really need a bathtub? We like the JS cause of the space and figured we needed the tub for the baby but I really like being higher up. If we go down a category we may be able to do a B2B

We were supposed to have a room with a sofa bed on our RCCL cruise, but somehow it got screwed up. Our half-sofa didn't fold out, so we turned it around so the open end was against the wall and my son slept there. He was probably about 37" and it wasn't a good solution, he was squished and didn't sleep well.

We just returned from cruising on the Carnival Glory with my 19-month old granddaughter. My TA assured me that we would have a crib in the room, but when we got to our room, there was not a crib set up - but the sofa bed was made up for her.

We decided to try letting her sleep on the sofa bed.She usually sleeps in a crib at home and a PNP at my house. We put the two chairs next to the bed, and used the bolster pillow to form a rail of sorts. She had no trouble sleeping on the bed, and no trouble staying put on the bed.

If the sofa bed had not worked out, we would have had our steward get us a PNP, but we found out that the sofa bed worked just fine for us. It saved us room in our cabin, and she loved being in q big-girl bed.

I would not hesitate to do this again with her. She was a delight on the ship, and the crew seemed delighted to see her.

We cruised in a D1 on RCI's Mariner of the Seas last year when DS was 23 months. We were very worried about the sleeping arrangements but he did very well on the sofa bed with no rails and without rearranging the furniture. He actually thought it the whole sofa bed concept was very cool! Just take your DD's flexibility and temperment into account and you will do fine! Good luck!

Archived