Aft Cabins

tania2

I have an Aft cabin booked on the Legend of the seas 8086 for july 2009, and can not wait ... previous reviews and comments did help me to make up my mind, I was lucky enough when I booked to still have a choice of aft cabins so I have opted for one in the middle. I personally think unobstructed views are important and i like what i see with the Vision Class.

I have an Aft cabin booked on the Legend of the seas 8086 for july 2009, and can not wait ... previous reviews and comments did help me to make up my mind, I was lucky enough when I booked to still have a choice of aft cabins so I have opted for one in the middle. I personally think unobstructed views are important and i like what i see with the Vision Class.

We had JS 8084 on the Legend last summer for our Med. cruise -- terrific.

Photos and review in the links below.

Kathy

Another thought - you might want to visit your roll call and put it out there that you are looking for something else. This is how I scored my aft cabin on Deck 10 aboard the Independence. A fellow passenger had it but let me know he was releasing it that day - if I wanted it, it would appear as available at 4:00 pm - I was on the phone with my TA at exactly 4:00 and got it.

Worth a try! People will be canceling closer to final payment date.

• 1 month later...

My TA is holding a corner aft cabin (7126) for us on Legend for July 2009. Is this a good balcony (not a lot of superstructure in the way)? I've never had an aft, so I'm excited to try it, but I definitely want a view of the ocean, not just the structure of the ship!

My TA is holding a corner aft cabin (7126) for us on Legend for July 2009. Is this a good balcony (not a lot of superstructure in the way)? I've never had an aft, so I'm excited to try it, but I definitely want a view of the ocean, not just the structure of the ship!

Legend is a Vision-class ship. The superstructure is on Voyager-and-Freedom-class ships. You will have no obstructions on your Legend aft balcony. Enjoy. :)

Thanks for the great picks from the aft cabins. We booked our 12/7 cruise in Oct. of 07 and at the time I didn't think about getting an aft cabin. It was a great surprise to find last week that there was still an aft cabin available and now cabin 1702 on deck 10 is ours, can't wait for the views!!

We stayed in a corner aft cabin on deck 10 of Freedom (D1 class) this past April and absolutely loved it - mainly because on the corner the room is 'stubby' which resulted in a wider room with a deep balcony. We felt no more vibration than any other location on the ship, had no soot (which I was worried about) and the view was fantastic. We loved it so much I booked the same cabin on Adventure in Southern Caribbean in April 2010. My experience is that you have to book way in advance to grab one of them. We travel Easter week so I book 2 years in advance to ensure we get the cabin we want. Book an aft, you will love it!

Legend is a Vision-class ship. The superstructure is on Voyager-and-Freedom-class ships. You will have no obstructions on your Legend aft balcony. Enjoy. :)

Thanks! We ended up switching dates, so now the TA is holding some aft cabins on deck 6 because there were no afts available on deck 7. Are the deck 6 afts good too?

. We were also told by RCCL that those cabins go fast. I am still surprised that there is one still left, by how they talked it up over the phone.

I experienced the same thing. I wanted a balcony cabin on the Navigator, and the RCCL agent hyped up Corner Aft Cabin 9690 so much I thought he was trying to get rid of it and make more commission. But others have talked positively about it as well. I am just not sure what makes it so wonderful. It might seem bigger, but after seeing pictures it seems to me that a balcony on the side would have the same amount of visibility, if not more.

I experienced the same thing. I wanted a balcony cabin on the Navigator, and the RCCL agent hyped up Corner Aft Cabin 9690 so much I thought he was trying to get rid of it and make more commission. But others have talked positively about it as well. I am just not sure what makes it so wonderful. It might seem bigger, but after seeing pictures it seems to me that a balcony on the side would have the same amount of visibility, if not more.

The aft balconies are much larger than the side balconies. We were in 8692 on the Navigator in April -- photos of the balcony are in the link below.

Perkyblue, we were on the Legend last summer and there are a couple pictures of the aft in the link below (it is in the Med. Album). You will love it.

Kathy

warning, 2nd hand info! I hope to find out myself someday, but our tablemates aboard Voyager on Deck 6 aft loved the balcony but where annoyed by noise and vibration.

We now return you to more valuable information.

Warning, 1st hand info!

What noise? What vibration? :D (had to swipe Bil's format for fun)

To be fair to your source, I suppose the gripe might have been about stern flutter. That exists on all ships and gets worse the faster the ship travels. To me, it was a non-issue.

From deck 6 you can hear some crew announcements as their lounge is on deck 5 below the "open space". Doesn't detract from the balcony though. Actually adds a little interest to hear a little behind the scenes chatter. You won't hear any of that in the cabin when the balcony door is closed though.

I just booked 9704 on the Liberty. Was this your room? It sounds like you liked it - please provide a little more detailed info for me.

Thanks so much.

DD and I did have 9704 on the Liberty, and, yes, we did like it. I had a great time climbing in and out of the big round window. (Sometimes, it is fun not to act your age.) The cabin is cozy - I usually have slightly larger ones, so I admit I am a bit spoiled. I must also say that it was cozy in the positive way as well. I saw some people who'd apparently asked that the little coffee table be taken away for the duration of the cruise. I might do that next time since we kept it up against the love seat so that we would have more of a walkway to the beds. DD and I did have room for all our stuff and we brought plenty of it. The cabin was very quiet. It is a little odd to have the single door opening onto the balcony instead of sliding doors, but it was just fine. The balcony is essentially pie shaped and had a lounger, two chairs and a table. The view is not impeded by the infamous superstruture and you can look down to the water. It was a great place to sun. (I am usually out there in the mornings while I wait for my daughter to wake up.)

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

• 7 years later...
I wouldn't be turning down any aft balcony myself. Superstructure or not.

Here's a view from a deck 6 aft balcony on Voyager.

2644397598_302d8610e6_o.jpg

Soak it up and enjoy. You'll have a lot less traffic outside your door late at night with one of these as well, which is great if you like to be up with sun for your next port of call.

Hi, I have booked a aft corner cabin on deck 6. Are they really shady ?

On our last cruise on Freedom we had a rear JS 7414. While we had a fine time as usual I doubt we would reserve this type of cabin again. It is a matter of individual preference but we found the superstructure annoying. It blocked some sun at times and we were always just too aware of it. On a side balcony it's just pure delicious view. We like that better. The primary problem, however, was the ship's lighting on a lower deck was never turned off. No sitting on your balcony looking at the stars. You always felt rather too well illuminated at night. Was just bright enough that we had to keep the drapes shut tight to sleep. I've not seen anyone else mention this so it may have been a one-time thing but it certainly took away a lot of enjoyment.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...