Discover Cayman - Stingrays, Hell & Turtle Farm

jenseib

I am looking at a Carnival cruise for next Feb. I am also interested in this excursion. Anyone have any comments about it? Is there a way to book it through a website cheaper? I know alot of excursions are much more when you book with the ship.

Any comments on this would begreat. Thanks

Do an internet search for Native Way Tours, find their website...they have a "Stingray & Island Tour" which includes all of these stops plus a couple more. Excellent tour, like $65. Did this tour last year and will be doing it again this year. Much smaller group than ship tour. Check it out!

We're going on our first cruise in about 4 weeks. We booked with Soto Cruises. They have much smaller population on their boats (as some of the others mentioned here). Root around a bit on this board and you'll find a lot of information.

Have a blast!

I am looking at a Carnival cruise for next Feb. I am also interested in this excursion. Anyone have any comments about it? Is there a way to book it through a website cheaper? I know alot of excursions are much more when you book with the ship.

Any comments on this would begreat. Thanks

We booked a tour just like this through Shore Trips. Also went to the Tortuga Rum Shop. We use Shore Trips for the majority of our excursions. The price was fabulous, couldn't believe it was so cheap. They use Captain Marvins for the stingray part of the tour, which is where we met our driver.

Also, our group was small. We had six with us and the other group had six.

Also check out Cayman in a Nutshell. We toured with them in June and had a wonderful experience.

We have them booked for Sept! Do they use outgoing guides? Any more info would be greatly appreciated!!

We have them booked for Sept! Do they use outgoing guides? Any more info would be greatly appreciated!!

They had a driver meet us at the cruise dock. He took us to a storefront to get our tickets to all the attractions and get our payments. From there, he took us to a dock where we boarded a small boat (I believe this portion of the trip was with Capt. Marvins). There were 2 workers on our boat and 8 passengers. We went to Stingray city. What a great experience we had there. After that, they took us to a snorkeling area. I hadn't originally wanted to snorkel, but am so glad I did. It was so incredible I didn't want to leave. We were met back at the dock by our driver (Dennis) who then took us to Botswains beach for the turtle farm. He introduced us to a guide who took us around. When we were done, Dennis was waiting for us. He took us on to Hell where we got to see the volcanic formations and then had a bit to shop if we wanted. From there we went to lunch at a nice restaurant. We were the only patrons there. It was so nice. We ate outside on a deck right on the beach. It was a beautiful setting and the food was delicious. Then we headed to the rum factory and back to the boat dock. It was a really nice tour. Our group of 6 had the entire trip to ourselves with the exception of the water part where we had 2 others with us. I highly recommend this tour.

We did an excursion/tour which we booked through the ship, but the buses/drivers were from Tropicana Tours. Our driver, Rex, took us to the Cayman Turtle Farm (my favorite!), a Rum shop, the town of Hell, and then finally to meet our boat to Stingray City! It was by far the best excursion we booked on our cruise last week & now we're looking to book a whole trip back to the Caymans next year!

Archived