suites on Holiday

lynnw68

Do the suites on Holiday have fridges? What about tubs in the bathrooms? Also wanted to make sure the beds do push together.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

My family and I were in Suites V1, V2 and V3 this past June.

To answer your questions : YES There is a mini fridge which keeps contents cool - not cold. They were replacing the fridge in V4 next to us when we returned to Mobile, so maybe the new one(s) are better. Supposedly, they had just completed some re-modeling of the Suites previous to our cruise and the carpet appeared new.

V2 had two twin beds that could be pushed together for a queen according to DW. Once they got our sofa bed couch fixed, it could be used as a third sleeping option.

V2 is a Handicapped accessible Cabin which is NOT noted on Carnival's Deck Plans website diagram. It does not have a tub. It has a shower. ( Cabins V1and V3 had tubs. ) Since it must accomodate wheelchairs, it does not have a raised threshold between the bedroom and bathroom or any ledge to contain water. Therefore, while the shower is being used and the ship is moving, the water floods the entire bathroom floor and onto the bedroom carpet. Messy...

I would avoid V2 unless you want the Handicapped features and if you don't, be sure you ask Carnival if any other Suites are the same as V2. ( V1 and V3 were different ) The main reason to avoid it is because I do not know if they were ever able to get the air conditioning to work. It did NOT work on our cruise and it was unbearable.

For those that recall my Complaint Thread in June, Carnival's President forwarded my Letter to his Assistant who sent us a letter of apology and an offer to discount our next Carnival cruise by 20 %. Needless to say, we are amongst those that were very disappointed with the Holiday compared to other Carnival ships and can't wait until they retire her from Mobile. Go ahead supporters - flame me again. I can take it !;)

Also, my recommendation would be to try to get V3 or V4 if you are determined to get a Suite. Any further back and the Lifeboats will block your view. Because of a passenger stairway and railing that goes up to the bow observation deck on the Veranda level, the fronts V1 and V2 are not private at all. If you have had a balcony on any other ship, you may be disappointed with the lack of privacy.

I will try to answer any other questions - objectively.

Sorry, No pictures. Perhaps by now the Carnival Website will have been updated for you to take a 360 degree tour of a current Suite. Our cabin certainly did not look like the pictures that were available last Spring....

I think you will like V3 and we had a great family cruise despite our V2 suite problems. I would just read all the Holiday Threads on CruiseCritic with both positive and negative reviews so that you will not have any surprises that fall short of expectations.

Archived