Brilliance REVIEW

It was sad we couldn't go to Mykonos but as I wrote before we still want to come back in some years....my brother in law wants to do this Legend cruise because of Egypt but we don't want to go to the same places just one year later....we might wait some time.....for next summer we are planning a 10 night Eurodam Cruise to Northern Europe with cousings and uncles......we would like to cruise again with RCI because we think it's a great line with awesome ships and we want to get more credits for Crown & Anchor but since my uncle and aunt already booked the Eurodam we're going to test HAL....:) ....very excited about that...the itinerary is amazing:D :cool:

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to revisit all the same ports. We are very excited about leaving from Rome because there is still so much for us to explore there and the only other port we repeat is Naples. I am looking forward to eating pizza in Naples again:) Actually I'm looking forward to eating pizza in Italy again period it didn't seem to matter where we had it, but Naples was the best. I've heard excellent things about the Northern Europe itineraries so I think you made a good choice.

We did the same run in Sept 2007 on the Brilliance and your trip report is bringing back memories. We also had to skip Mykonos; we managed to tie up at the pier but the wind and water was too rough and the Captain feared for the tie-up lines snapping. So we sailed away w/o getting off and got to Turkey at night.

I almost have the pics organized, we had 3 cameras for the two of us and took 2,000 shots, takes a lot of time to select, synch and load to webshots.

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to revisit all the same ports. We are very excited about leaving from Rome because there is still so much for us to explore there and the only other port we repeat is Naples. I am looking forward to eating pizza in Naples again:) Actually I'm looking forward to eating pizza in Italy again period it didn't seem to matter where we had it, but Naples was the best. I've heard excellent things about the Northern Europe itineraries so I think you made a good choice.

The Pizzas we had in Italy were good but I've had SO MANY better pizzas here in US or in my city in Brazil. Sao Paulo is known of the city that has more pizza restaurants outside Italy...maybe because there are the most Italian people outside Italy...and some people from Naples say that the pizzas in Sao Paulo are better!:eek:

I agree...it's certainly totally different than any pizza you all have ever had.....WONDERFUL! And I'm not exagerating....:D :)

We did the same run in Sept 2007 on the Brilliance and your trip report is bringing back memories. We also had to skip Mykonos; we managed to tie up at the pier but the wind and water was too rough and the Captain feared for the tie-up lines snapping. So we sailed away w/o getting off and got to Turkey at night.

I almost have the pics organized, we had 3 cameras for the two of us and took 2,000 shots, takes a lot of time to select, synch and load to webshots.

That's a Family Album...:D ...I took 1,200 and thougth there were too much...:rolleyes:

Glad you like my review....:) :cool:

The Pizzas we had in Italy were good but I've had SO MANY better pizzas here in US or in my city in Brazil. Sao Paulo is known of the city that has more pizza restaurants outside Italy...maybe because there are the most Italian people outside Italy...and some people from Naples say that the pizzas in Sao Paulo are better!:eek:

I agree...it's certainly totally different than any pizza you all have ever had.....WONDERFUL! And I'm not exagerating....:D :)

It wan't just the pizza it was all the bread ande cheese that we had that tasted better. So you took about 1200 pictures? I stopped myself at 500 and now I'm picking the best 100 or so pics for our scrap book. None of my family or friends will even want to see that many pictures.

It wan't just the pizza it was all the bread ande cheese that we had that tasted better. So you took about 1200 pictures? I stopped myself at 500 and now I'm picking the best 100 or so pics for our scrap book. None of my family or friends will even want to see that many pictures.

I already showed some people....3 times for different people....:D

Kusadasi, Turkey

Today we were so happy to finally visit some port….we were for more than 2 days onboard and wanted so much to explore new places….I think everybody did since we didn’t wake up that late and the ship was already empty! We had a calm breakfast on Windjamer watching our neighbor(Wind Star) and impressed with the difference that we would see more from outside the ship….

127120099_Picture817.jpg.db61093bcc0e03e9331161919da4e761.jpg

1300218550_Picture818.jpg.3c127bee9c7b7e882b05fe082c2c1f5e.jpg

1633965928_Picture825.jpg.a1249b592911e49699b2aed6a991f81c.jpg

We searched for a tour and found one good in some minutes….so we left the port with 4 more people and our guide who was Turkish but lived in the US. The tour was to Mary’s House, where the Pope confirmed she lived before she died, and to the ancient city of Ephesus, the second biggest city in the Roman Empire! We didn’t know that until arrive there….learned SO MUCH! Both are awesome, Mary’s House has a peace sensation that you find in only some places in the world…among the trees….I liked it so much….

506584536_Picture826.jpg.0396ce18dab88d97cf1982fa4b0f7125.jpg

2049839664_Picture833.jpg.e9a936c0d2b25da1ae4fa498bda67215.jpg

Ephesus is an awesome city…it was build in the mountains since the 1st and 2nd Ephesus were destroyed by earthquakes and the water advanced to that area where now is dry again…the ruins are really HUGE and they didn’t have all the technologies we have nowadays which makes it even better…really enjoyed it…just careful with the little scorpions “walking” in the ruins….it’s better to go there with shoes….hehehe…..

1605838064_Picture858.jpg.c19d956a34b01cf74836c5e650fc3c06.jpg

379948593_Picture864.jpg.7b4e0df7349dfebe18f491e729ac2eeb.jpg

After Ephesus the tour guide told us he had another place to take us….we didn’t understand exactly what was that but we went thinking it would be boring….IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES VISITED IN THE WHOLE TRIP! VERY INTERESTING….we went to a place where they show the tourists how women in Turkey make those carpets…since the silk till the women actually doing them and by the end they show us all the different styles of carpet from all the country with all the colors and sizes…they give you something to drink like a alcoholic drink from Turkey…Turkish coffee and apple tea…and you need to accept to be polite but the apple tea is so good that I was VERY POLITE….ASKED FOR THAT 3 TIMES…..hehehe…..the carpets can vary from 200 dollars I think till 20.000!!! That was one of the big ones I asked how much was that…we bought two of the cheaper ones…hehehe….but certainly there were some more expensive…I strongly recommend for those who are going to Turkey to search for a place like that…

460826386_Picture870.jpg.486a65163ac1d5addd6fbe928a1b647e.jpg

479889887_Picture882.jpg.061192ee33dd02141093774ce6049976.jpg

After the tour we walked a little bit along the city downtown(in front of the port) just for take a look..Maybe buy something and definitely buy some apple teas….we bought 4 boxes!!!The only thing that is bad there are the people who almost demand you to buy their stuff…..if you don’t look they walk one block with you asking for you to buy…..if you look they walk 2 blocks….if you ask something they walk 3, 4,5 block trying to make you buy whatever it is….but there are also some nice people….as our guide and driver…..

Just to tell you an amazing thing our guide told us….The biggest water park in Europe is in Kusadasi…and the best hotel there costs 100 EUROS PER PERSON FOR 1 WEEK ALL INCLUSIVE!!!Can you imagine how cheap is that???That’s why people from all over Europe go there all the summer just for the water park….have been there 4, 5 times and never been to Ephesus……Well….the day was so awesome that this seem to be the biggest post...but I still have more to say…..

By the evening we had dinner at Chops Grille for the 1st time because of my dad’s birthday and it was sooo good…one of the best steak I’ve ever had…with several choices of sides and sauces…just AMAZING….and by the end we had the chocolate cake we ordered for my dad and sand Happy Birthday once again…..the only think that was bad was that our cell phone had a problem(my uncle with one of the cell phones in the account, my cousin with another, and we with the 3rd exceeded the account and they blocked the account) so nobody could talk with him….just my sister who called last night….Well….Turkey is Awesome and we certainly will come back someday do explore more….

228342199_Picture895.jpg.88ad2524602c7debb36fe8303c809568.jpg

Ricardo,

Thank you for this wonderful review. I have just started researching a Med. cruise for next year and this review has me really wanting to go on the Brilliance. I have sailed her twice and loved her. A truly fantastic ship.

Keep the review going. I am enjoying reading it.

I'm glad you had such a great time in Turkey. We went to a carpet shop in Tunisia but we walked away without buying anything. I hear you about the aggressive vendors.

I was impressed with the vendors....and MAD:eek: :p

That made me remember the vendors in Cozumel, Mexico...and in the beginning I thought it would be like in Cozumel which is acceptable but it's much worst....:mad:

But the trip was awesome and I feel happy to show people my "adventures" and help future Med cruisers...:)

Ricardo,

Thank you for this wonderful review. I have just started researching a Med. cruise for next year and this review has me really wanting to go on the Brilliance. I have sailed her twice and loved her. A truly fantastic ship.

Keep the review going. I am enjoying reading it.

Happy to help you:)

Brilliance is an awesome ship....good size....friendly crew....and it's very good for a cruise like this with beautiful ports and views....that's why they put Radiance Class ships in itineraries like Alaska, Northern Europe and Med....

She will make the same itinerary as us next year....If you've never been to Italy I recomend....If you've been to italy I would recomend some cruise that goes to Croatia and Istambul together with Greece.....before the cruise I only knew Barcelona but my parents knew Paris, Rome and Naples(my mom knew also Nice and Florence/Pisa) which was good for them but I certainly enjoyed more these places...you know....first time......:rolleyes:

Happy to help you:)

Brilliance is an awesome ship....good size....friendly crew....and it's very good for a cruise like this with beautiful ports and views....that's why they put Radiance Class ships in itineraries like Alaska, Northern Europe and Med....

She will make the same itinerary as us next year....If you've never been to Italy I recomend....If you've been to italy I would recomend some cruise that goes to Croatia and Istambul together with Greece.....before the cruise I only knew Barcelona but my parents knew Paris, Rome and Naples(my mom knew also Nice and Florence/Pisa) which was good for them but I certainly enjoyed more these places...you know....first time......:rolleyes:

Ricardo, I LOVE IT. Thank you and I'll save the review and print it before we go. Again, thanks for the wonderful job.

I knew you would love "MY SHIP", now I can't wait for Nov.

Keep up the good work.......

Franca

Archived