November 26, 2005 Disney Magic, Anyone With ME?!

DsnysGr8t

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're going for my birthday. Me (my first-ever cruise), DW, baby (due June/July), DW's best friend (my "other wife") and another friend. We are flying down the night before, the other two are flying in the morning of the cruise. Afterwards, we're heading to Disneyworld for a few days.

Disney Magic 11-26-2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;11;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone! I started a new rollcall post but had no replies and I could not believe that no one on the CruiseCritic site is going on the same cruise as my husband and I. So, I searched the entire site and found this rollcall thread.

I am so happy to have found this page. In case you have never been involved in a rollcall on CruiseCritic, it’s a great tool. This is the 6th cruise for my husband and I (3rd on Disney) and we have used the rollcall for the past 2 cruises (this is the 3rd). Not only do we get to share our excitement with others, we have met some great people, many we still keep in contact with and are considered friends.

Anyway, I need to keep this fairly short. I have 2 items I would like to discuss with the group:

1) My husband and I live minutes from Port Canaveral. We know the area like the back of our hands. If anyone has any questions about the area (where to stay, eat, shop, etc.), please ask.

2) Because we have met so many wonderful people from the last rollcalls, I suggest we meet onboard the first day and introduce ourselves. I can try to arrange a small meeting room on the ship. Usually, the ship provides cookies, coffee, and other items for the group. If you don’t want to meet in a room, we can meet somewhere else. You’ll be surprised how many times we will see each other around the ship.

Let me know about the room and if you need any Port Canaveral information.

By the way, one of the nights is Pirates night! Bring some Pirate gear!

Lisarae

• 2 weeks later...

LisaRae,

Thanks for the generous offer! This will be our first cruise...probably not the last now that DS is now here! He'll be exactly 5 months old when we sail. :)

We're now coming in Thanksgiving Day to spend time with family in Lakeland. But we're still staying at the airport Friday night (our friends fly in then from PHL). I wanted to find out about grocery stores on the way to the port. I see there's a Winn-Dixie, Publix and Wal-Mart at the Industry Rd exit from the Bee Line and there's a Winn-Dixie, Publix and target at the Courtenay exit in Merritt Island. Which would you recommend for a pre-cruise shopping trip? We'll need to pick up some extra flouridated bottled water for the baby's formula, probably more sunscreen and last-minute stuff. The Industry exit looks to be a quick on and off but it's hard to tell how bad traffic really would be.

Thanks for your help!

PS Our travel docs arrived yesterday so I know this is really going to happen now! :D

I guess the Publix on 524 is probably the easiest to get in and out of quickly. You come off the 528 ramp heading south and you have to get in the straight lane quickly. There is a red light there. (If you can't get in the straight lane, turn right and you'll see Publix on your left.) When you leave Publix, go back North through the red light in that straight lane again, and get into your right hand lane quickly, and get back onto 528.

Hope this helps.

LisaRae

• 2 weeks later...

Archived