D734, E734 or Caribe Deck - Crown?

Travelalot2

On a cruise we are looking at, all of these rooms are available. There will be three of us (myself, husband and daughter). We usually like the aft on ships due to the larger balcony. However, from reading this board, it looks like the Caribe balconies are oversized as well. Which room would you choose? If I go with the aft, is there a difference in D734 or E734? The price difference between a BB (aft room) and BA (Caribe room) is $300 more for the Caribe room which is mid-ship. Thanks.

We usually go for the aft. (DH really likes aft) Plenty of privacy, but the balconies on Caribe are very good also.

If you are looking at Princess' website they only show 6 staterooms at a time, if you are using a TA I would go a little further aft, but that is just me. Perhaps you can get in to a BB cat this way if you want that type of balcony. It is half covered and half open.

The only "problem" we had on our last cruise was C702 on the Crown - the a/c did not work well at all. With three people in the room, it could get a little stuffy if you like it cool.:cool:

Use caution on the Emerald Deck for staterooms on the port side right over Club Fusion stage - can get pretty noisey and lots of vibrations...at least that is what happened to a fellow CC'er on the Emerald Princess a couple weeks ago. Starboard side we had no problems.

Use caution on the Emerald Deck for staterooms on the port side right over Club Fusion stage - can get pretty noisey and lots of vibrations from the dj/band at night..at least that is what happened to a fellow CC'er on the Emerald Princess a couple weeks ago. Starboard side we had no problems.

Right now we are in D734 on the aft. It's $300 more (total) to move to a caribe deck room and $1100 more (total) to move to E730 (mini-suite on back corner). I have to make my mind up by Monday. There are 3 of us in the room. We usually love the aft on RCCL ships, but, looking at photos of the crown it appears the beam gets in your way? The E730 balcony looks like it has more room for the 3 of us, but, having never been on princess before I can't tell for sure. Even if it does, I'm not sure it's worth the price difference of the aft/caribe rooms.

Right now we are in D734 on the aft. It's $300 more (total) to move to a caribe deck room and $1100 more (total) to move to E730 (mini-suite on back corner). I have to make my mind up by Monday. There are 3 of us in the room. We usually love the aft on RCCL ships, but, looking at photos of the crown it appears the beam gets in your way? The E730 balcony looks like it has more room for the 3 of us, but, having never been on princess before I can't tell for sure. Even if it does, I'm not sure it's worth the price difference of the aft/caribe rooms.

Stick with the D734. The beam is off to the side and doesn't distract from anything. The balcony is huge - bigger than they would even be on the Caribe. We had it on the Crown. You'll love that cabin. The views are incredible and there's no wind to blow you off the balcony! :)

Our friends had a BA on the Caribe and the balcony was nice, but ours was nicer. Keep your $1100 for excursions and expenses. You'll be glad you did.

Our CC friends had E730 on Emerald Princess last week and said it was very noisey and lots vibration from Club Fusion until wee hours of the am....so I would stay away from Port side over the club if possible. We were in E725 on the Starboard side and had no problem

Archived