Restaurants on the Dawn - "at-a-glance list!" UPDATED!

Mammaof2girls

I started a thread like this yesterday, and I had to do alot of updates (corrections, additions, etc.)....since I"m not able to edit after 20 min. there turned out to be alot of these updated lists in that one thread. So here's a fresh new thread with a fresh and updated restaurant list, so everyone can take a look at this "at-a-glance" list of restaurants on the Dawn. Hope you find this helpful. :) And please, if you find anything that's inaccurate or anything you would like to add to this, please let me know. :)

RESTAURANTS on the DAWN (an "at-a-glance" list)

Sur-charge restaurants are in RED, and reservations are required.

Le Bistro French Restaurant - $15 pp

Salsa Tapas Bar (Mexican) - $10 pp (has that infamous "Il PoPo" dish & lobster tacos)

Cagney's Steak House - $20 pp

Bamboo (A Taste of Asia) - $15.00 pp (relaxed & music from the piano bar)

Blue Lagoon (24 hour 'diner') – (great fish & chips!)

Impressions Italian Restaurant- $10 pp

Garden Cafe (Main Buffet) – (on the pool deck) has a separate kids buffet area

Topsiders Bar - (on the pool deck)

Aqua (Main Dining Room- casual, quiet, smaller) – Open for dinner only

Venetian (Main Dining Room - formal looking, larger, beautiful and good aft view seating) – open for all meals

Teppanyaki - -$25.00 pp

Sushi and Sashimi Bar -"ala carte" pricing (pay for whatever you eat)

Bimini Grill – (2 levels up from the pool)

Room Service – Limited menu. (tip them)

**Jazz Brunch (held on a sea day)- $15.00 pp (well worth it. lots of food: a buffet of breakfast type food and then a menu with breakfast and lunch)

**From NCL website: Resort casual dress gets you into every venue at night too. Some people like to add a jacket, or when celebrating a special occasion, get all decked out. This too is welcome everywhere. And if you're tired from a long fun day and just want to wear shorts; our buffet is the place for a casual dinner. Some people prefer nice jeans. They're welcome in many of our restaurants as well, but not in all. It's your vacation on NCL so dress comfortably, and you'll find a venue that suits your style.

You've done a great job on the lists. I notice you corrected the "shorts OK" at dinner from your original list and noted they're only OK at the buffet.

However, ships headed to Bermuda do permit Bermuda shorts (per NCL's website) and that does cause confusion (some apparently don't know Daisy Dukes aren't bermudas).:eek:;):D

Also most of the ships will relax the no shorts rule for the first evening, in case luggage hasn't yet been delivered. Someone posted they saw others in shorts and thought it meant they were OK for the whole trip. They got miffed when they were asked to change the next night.

You've done a great job on the lists. I notice you corrected the "shorts OK" at dinner from your original list and noted they're only OK at the buffet.

However' date=' ships headed to Bermuda do permit Bermuda shorts (per NCL's website) and that does cause confusion (some apparently don't know Daisy Dukes aren't bermudas).:eek:;):D

Also most of the ships will relax the no shorts rule for the first evening, in case luggage hasn't yet been delivered. Someone posted they saw others in shorts and thought it meant they were OK for the whole trip. They got miffed when they were asked to change the next night.[/quote']

LOL You mean I cant wear my Daisy Dukes to Le Bistro?

Do they still have the all you can eat Sushi? Last year it was $15

Hmm...We were on the 8/3 sailing and went to Bamboo. We asked if we could have sushi (at an additional cost) and were told that we would have to pay ANOTHER $15 per person. We would have paid if it were a la carte! Or maybe our server had it wrong?! On the NCL survey,that was one thing I said I would have changed-possibly combine the Sushi/Sake bars with Bamboo and offer sushi as a possible appetizer or a la carte.

Mammaof2girls... you are SO organized and good to put this list together!! Thank you! We are getting so excited for the trip... only 9 days to go!

Thanks cljd! Yea, I love doing stuff like that....being organized and having everything in one spot (if you couldn't already tell from my "Meet the Kids" thingie I typed up in our roll call. LOL) But, that's just me! :D I'm glad everyone can find this list helpful. :) I know...9 more days!!! I can't stand it!!!!! Alot of packing catching up to do this weekend! :)

Thank you very much. :D Yes' date=' I did decide to correct it. What I had before was just from another poster a while back. Not knowing how true/accurate that really was, I decided to just type up what the other poster copied and pasted from the NCL website. So then I do have it right, in that shorts are basically NOT OK at dinner then, right? You're saying unless it's Bermuda shorts, right? If that is the case, I will add that in there that Bermuda shorts ARE OK. Help me in how I should word it or exactly what I should add/change in there...ok? :) Thanks![/color']

However, ships headed to Bermuda do permit Bermuda shorts (per NCL's website) and that does cause confusion (some apparently don't know Daisy Dukes aren't bermudas).:eek:;):D Darn in! I was hoping to wear my short shorts ! LOL My DH has shorts w/ no belt hoops....has an elastic waist and are really nice (come just above the knee).....I wonder if they are bermuda shorts. As silly as it sounds, I need to do a google so I know exactly what real Bermuda shorts are. (I'm assuming that "Bermuda-like" shorts are a no-no in those restaurants, right?)

Also most of the ships will relax the no shorts rule for the first evening, in case luggage hasn't yet been delivered. Someone posted they saw others in shorts and thought it meant they were OK for the whole trip. They got miffed when they were asked to change the next night.That's good to know that the FIRST NIGHT ONLY the restaurants most likely won't enforce the no shorts rule. Thanks so much for your input, etc. Just help me out with that little wording from up above I asked about, if you don't mind. ;) I'm such a newbie and this is my first cruise, I want to get this right. LOL [/quote]

(my replies in red up above).

Thanks cljd! Yea, I love doing stuff like that....being organized and having everything in one spot (if you couldn't already tell from my "Meet the Kids" thingie I typed up in our roll call. LOL) But, that's just me! :D I'm glad everyone can find this list helpful. :) I know...9 more days!!! I can't stand it!!!!! Alot of packing catching up to do this weekend! :)[/QUOte]

Thanks for all your hard work putting this together. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you! I'm so glad this will help out so many people. :) Hey, maybe admin. should put this up as a sticky. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. It would be great as a one stop shopping - info kind of area. You did a really good job on this and I am sure that it took you alot of time too.

As far as the Bermuda Shorts thing goes maybe you could call it "Authentic Bermuda Shorts dress". I had posted that thing that I found on Trip Advisor on your original thread that describes the Authentic Bermuda Shorts stuff.

Shorts in the Dining Room on the first night could be "Dress Code in the Dining Rooms on Embarkation Day is typically relaxed, as passengers await the luggage being delivered to their rooms"

Hope this helps you. It looks great.

Thanks,

I know I can get DH in casual pants for a few days, I do understand that the buffet has good food as well. Some of the main menus are a bit unique so the buffet may be a choice on the non speciality restaurant days.

I think this was mentioned on the previous thread... true Bermuda shorts do not resemble our idea of Bermuda shorts... Head into Hamilton one morning to see the real thing. They are worn to the knee, with long socks that cover the calf. Sometimes men also wear "sock flags" (Old school Bermuda...). They often wear a tie that matches the shorts and a navy blazer. I worked at the Bank of Butterfield on Front Street in Hamilton for 2 years and saw the Bermudian men in this every day. It is a sharp look, but really one that only a Bermudian man can pull off. It's completely traditional and accepted in Bermuda, but would most likely look ridiculous in any other part of the world. (But that's what makes it so cool!!!) This attire really doesn't resemble our Bermuda shorts. It's much more business-like and serious, not at all a casual or even a comfy look. everyone should go into town to actually see "the look". I grew to like it.

Mammaof2girls... you are so far ahead of me. The only thing I have done is order a boatload (no pun intended) of Dramamine and Bonine and some sea-bands for each member of my family. :eek:

I started a thread like this yesterday, and I had to do alot of updates (corrections, additions, etc.)....since I"m not able to edit after 20 min. there turned out to be alot of these updated lists in that one thread. So here's a fresh new thread with a fresh and updated restaurant list, so everyone can take a look at this "at-a-glance" list of restaurants on the Dawn. Hope you find this helpful. :) And please, if you find anything that's inaccurate or anything you would like to add to this, please let me know. :)

RESTAURANTS on the DAWN (an "at-a-glance" list)

Sur-charge restaurants are in RED, and reservations are required.

Le Bistro French Restaurant - $15 pp

Salsa Tapas Bar (Mexican) - $10 pp (has that infamous "Il PoPo" dish & lobster tacos)

Cagney's Steak House - $20 pp

Bamboo (A Taste of Asia) - $15.00 pp (relaxed & music from the piano bar)

Blue Lagoon (24 hour 'diner') – (great fish & chips!)

Impressions Italian Restaurant- $10 pp

Garden Cafe (Main Buffet) – (on the pool deck) has a separate kids buffet area

Topsiders Bar - (on the pool deck)

Aqua (Main Dining Room- casual, quiet, smaller) – Open for dinner only

Venetian (Main Dining Room - formal looking, larger, beautiful and good aft view seating) – open for all meals

Teppanyaki - -$25.00 pp

Sushi and Sashimi Bar -"ala carte" pricing (pay for whatever you eat)

Bimini Grill – (2 levels up from the pool)

Room Service – Limited menu. (tip them)

**Jazz Brunch (held on a sea day)- $15.00 pp (well worth it. lots of food: a buffet of breakfast type food and then a menu with breakfast and lunch)

**From NCL website: Resort casual dress gets you into every venue at night too. Some people like to add a jacket, or when celebrating a special occasion, get all decked out. This too is welcome everywhere. And if you're tired from a long fun day and just want to wear shorts; our buffet is the place for a casual dinner. Some people prefer nice jeans. They're welcome in many of our restaurants as well, but not in all. It's your vacation on NCL so dress comfortably, and you'll find a venue that suits your style.

Thanks so much for doing this. Will be sailing on her soon.

JR

Baltimore, Md.

Sorry, Mamma, maybe someone else can jump into help, but I can't find anything on NCL's website about the Bermuda shorts. It might be that the info is included in the documents?

We have heard on the ships to Bermuda that the true Bermuda short look is acceptable. It was described very well above by cljd, but I doubt they'd require the jacket.:D Our elastic waist athletic shorts (however long) are probably not what they have in mind.;):)

Haven't been on the Dawn since 2006 (going this Oct. to Bermuda) so I don't know about the all you can eat sushi. Every time we've been on the ship they've had the $15 special. Also we have been successful getting some sushi instead of the Bamboo appetizers, but I don't know if that's changed.

Archived