Stateroom recategorization for the entire "Fun Ship" fleet!

Luluwa

I'm with you, hotels don't give you all the different floors and all the different prices. ONE thing I loved about Carnival was the simplicity of their deck plans and cabin choices. But, even with the change, I will continue to be a fan of Carnival and continue sailing with them

Platinum Sailer

Luluwa

All I am saying is that any company wants to attract new customers. So the way they have it all laid out, it's very confusing.

Aside from TA's, just think back when you knew nothing about cruising, now picture yourself trying to decipher all the different rates and codes, its crazy.

Can you imagine checking into a Hilton, and them flashing you at the desk a laundry list of different floors with all different prices, LOL

Sometimes keeping things simple, makes the best impact, and makes the most money. Ever heard of In An Out Burger ??

That would be fair but the customers do not think this way. I have seen people who booked an A and come on here and post about their upgrade to a C and how it is just going to make their cruise so special. Many times these are experienced cruisers.

I've never posted about an upgrade making my cruise "special" but I am always pleased when I book a guarantee at a rate lower than a 4A and end up in a 4D. To me, it IS a substantial improvement to be on Empress deck on the Fantasy rather than on the Riviera deck. And to get Empress deck at a significant savings over booking a specific room? Yeah, to ME that's something to be happy about. You may feel differently, but it works for me.

I'm with you, hotels don't give you all the different floors and all the different prices. ONE thing I loved about Carnival was the simplicity of their deck plans and cabin choices. But, even with the change, I will continue to be a fan of Carnival and continue sailing with them

Platinum Sailer

Luluwa

But many hotels do have various pricing structures, you can get a lower floor with a view of the parking lot or the pool or a higher floor with view of the city or the bay or avoid the train or the busy freeway, etc etc etc, all for different prices, not much different.

I've never posted about an upgrade making my cruise "special" but I am always pleased when I book a guarantee at a rate lower than a 4A and end up in a 4D. To me, it IS a substantial improvement to be on Empress deck on the Fantasy rather than on the Riviera deck. And to get Empress deck at a significant savings over booking a specific room? Yeah, to ME that's something to be happy about. You may feel differently, but it works for me.

I understand what you are saying even though it is not a big deal to me. I was responding to the thread starter who believes a inside cabin should be an inside cabin...does not matter what deck.

My aft cabin (8C) on the Veranda deck on the Valor is now an 8G! And, it will cost $50 more per person to boot! I'm glad I booked my cabin a long time ago! And, I suppose this lowers my chance of getting any OBC on top of that! Shrewd, Carnival, shrewd indeed!:(

What is the difference from an 8A aft and the new 8G? :eek:

I have an aft this October and paid 8A price. I can't imagine what ir will cost now.

:p

What bothers me is the 1A cabins with portholes are now 5A. Just mocked up a cruise on the Glory in May and a 5A is $200 more then a 1A. There goes one more choice for solo cruisers who want their own cabin with some natural light. *sigh*

edit ....Actually, not true, it was for August 2009 I tried and still showing 2217 as 1A. But I suspect that will change the same as the Valour which shows that cabin now as a 5A.

edit again.....I'm not sure what is what, it's different depending on whether I try to do a mock booking and what is shown on the deck plans if you go through the Fleet page.

Either way, it's darn confusing!

What bothers me is the 1A cabins with portholes are now 5A. Just mocked up a cruise on the Glory in May and a 5A is $200 more then a 1A. There goes one more choice for solo cruisers who want their own cabin with some natural light. *sigh*

WOW!

That is just wrong. :mad:

Why are they doing this to there loyal customers?

What are they going to do if everyone books a guarantee room?

Upgrade everyone for free?

Everyone should just book a guarantee and force them to upgrade people for free because no one is booking specific cabins and they are all out of the lower category cabins. (example.....200 8A gnt bookings...some will have to be upgraded to an 8b, 8C ect.)

They do that now...but if it causes them to do it more, it removes the extra money they try to generate.

:D

Actually, not true, it was for August 2009 I tried and still showing 2217 as 1 1A. But I suspect that will change the same as the Valour which shows that cabin now as a 5A.

Not true, they didnt change any of the 2 porthole cabins. They just changed the color they used to identify 5A cabins. 2217 is still a 1a. Below is the new Valor deckplan

VAMAIN.GIF

Here is the current Glory deckplan (Main Deck)

GLMAIN2.GIF

WOW!

That is just wrong. :mad:

Why are they doing this to there loyal customers?

What are they going to do if everyone books a guarantee room?

Upgrade everyone for free?

Everyone should just book a guarantee and force them to upgrade people for free because no one is booking specific cabins and they are all out of the lower category cabins. (example.....200 8A gnt bookings...some will have to be upgraded to an 8b, 8C ect.)

They do that now...but if it causes them to do it more, it removes the extra money they try to generate.

:D

Sounds good in theory, but they have a limited number of guarantee bookings on each ship. When I booked my May 09 Glory cruise back in June, the TA told me I got the "last" OV GTY. Didn't make much sense to me at the time, but now I suppose it was to prepare for this reclassification.

Sounds good in theory, but they have a limited number of guarantee bookings on each ship. When I booked my May 09 Glory cruise back in June, the TA told me I got the "last" OV GTY. Didn't make much sense to me at the time, but now I suppose it was to prepare for this reclassification.

Well I sorta figured it was an idea that "looked good on paper"...LOL

I never knew they put a limit on the gty rooms.

Now that will affect a lot os CC group bookings!!!

http://www.carnivalconnections.com/cruisetalk/blogs/esolutions_group/archive/2008/08/15/valor-reseg.aspx

Also

Nice FAQ on ReSegmentation..The last one might effect CC group bookings

https://www.bookccl.com/carnivalvalor_resegmentationFAQ.asp

Re-Segmentation FAQs

Q1: Why is Carnival Cruise Lines re-segmenting their ships?

A1: These changes will align our stateroom categories with the stateroom locations guests tell us they prefer and make it affordable for our guests to buy up into the locations they value.

Q2: When will the re-segmentation of the ships be complete?

A2: The process will be completed in phases over the next several months with the entire fleet completed by the end of this year.

Q3: Will Carnival Cruise Lines’ Marketing materials be updated to reflect the new categories?

A3: The new deck plans will be available for viewing on Carnival.com as well as Carnival’s Brand Center as each class of ship undergoes the re-segmentation process. The brochures will also be updated with the new deck plans by the end of the year.

Q4: Will current bookings be affected?

A4: The guests will remain in the same cabin but there maybe a change in the category classification. Pricing these staterooms will not be affected.

Q5: How will you keep track of changes made on a booking?

A5: The booking history will document the guests’ prior and new categories, if there is a category change.

Q6: Will all ships be impacted?

A6: Yes

Q7: How will the guarantee program be impacted when booking through Individual Reservations?

A7: There will be a change in qualifying categories for ocean view and balcony guarantees. The ocean view guarantee will now include 5A staterooms and the balcony guarantee will include 7A staterooms.

Q8: How will you assure guests are aware of their cabin attributes?

A8: Clear stateroom descriptions will be available through call centers and marketing materials, including Carnival.com.

Q9: Why are some Groups unable to book lead price cabins in 4A, 6A, 8A?

A9: The re-segmentation will result in a limited number of staterooms within categories: 4A, 6A and 8A. These categories will be restricted to berth (requiring names and full deposit).

Move this up so kelz66 Q9.

Archived