Tropical storm Fay predicted to be Hurricane--to affect So. Fla. Monday and Tuesday

crusinpsychRN

I moved from Boca Raton to Roanoke, Virginia and got hit by Hugo. Who would think inland Roanke would have a hurricane? I've done several summer cruises with lots of luck, let's hope this one moves out of the way and fast!

Hope all goes well for your cruise! Roanoke needs rain very badly right now - we could actually use one of those tropical systems that rides up the mountains and dumps a lot of rain on us right now!

Some of our worst flooding comes from hurricanes or tropical storms that have moved inland - we usually get it when they come up from the panhandle of Florida or if they hit right about on the border of NC/SC from the Atlantic. I grew up in coastal VA where you always run the risk of a hurricane - I also had no idea when I moved here that we could get damage from them way inland in the mountains! Ivan took down a huge tree in my yard a few years ago as it's remnants came through.

Archived