11 month old

SimplyAddicted

When we first travelled our daughter was 6 months. We made sure we had a suitcase wide enough and deep enough for her to sleep in. The inside had to have a flat back. That worked great for us.

I presume the cruise line will provide a crib but if not the above works very well.

Bathing the child can be a pain. Another of parents used those little blow up paddling pools and laid it inside the shower bottom.

I'm sure others will provide excellent advice, so won't waffle on too long.

Just saw this and thought that I'd add my two cents....

We're traveling with our 9 month old just shy of 3 weeks now. We're still torn on what stroller to bring, but the definites that we're bringing are the individual powder packets of formula so that we don't have bulky cans of formula in the suitcase. This will lay flat and take up less space.

We're also taking our inflatable duck tub that can be used as a pool for her since she can't get in the pool on the ship. Here's a picture of the duck tub/pool.

http://www.target.com/Munchkin-Duck-Bathtub/dp/B000066665/qid=1219021309/ref=br_1_3/602-2670574-1118244?ie=UTF8&node=13866681&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Do a search in the archives here on the family board for what to pack for a baby and just sort of adjust it for your little one. That's what I have done. We are taking Tylenol, teething tablets, a few small toys, and extra outfits for each day.

If you can't find that list - let me know and I'll find it and bump it for you.

Awwww, you are doing Disney for her first cruise. :D

OK, this is an easy one.

--There WILL be a pack n play with Mickey Sheets in the cabin. Bring your own sheets if you like.

--Flounders nursery is available for a fee if you want some alone time.

--Disney cruisers are so incredibly creative that there are all kinds of things I am learning from them (and this is my 2nd Disney cruise, I missed a bunch of stuff the first time)

--Bring a pillowcase, you can drop it off at Customer Service and get it signed by all of the characters.

--Goofy's party at night has FIREWORKS. :D

--There are highchairs available onboard, no problem with that

--There is a non-potty trained child splash area onboard the ship...no need to bring an extra inflatable pool

I know there are a million other things. I have been stalking the Dis boards to find more info before our Wonder cruise. ;)

Archived