Vancouver Accessibility

I'll post this on the Disabled Cruisers threads but thought I'd also ask if anyone can tell me about tours or activities or simply general sightseeing around the city for someone in a wheelchair.

DH is in a wheelchair, and I have pushed him over the cobblestoned streets of Rome and various Eastern Mediterranean ports so we're experienced with that part of our travel these days. But I'd like to do some kind of hop-on-hop-off bus tour or something like that as well. Any recommendtions?

We arrive in Vancouver at noon on August 28th and essentially have that afternoon and early evening. Our cruise leaves the next day so our only plans will be to get up and over to the ship about noon.

Thanks.

DW has MS so I understand.

You will find that Vancouver is very accessable maybe not quite as advanced as some cities but right up there. Most transit and tour buses are equipped to handle chairs and there are curb letdowns at almost every street corner. There are accessable restrooms in most buildings and attractions.

I don't know if this company can handle a HC person but you can write & ask them. It is a hop on-hop off tour bus. Hope it helps you. Here is their link:

http://bigbus.ca/index.php

I looked at the web site and then called. The woman I spoke to was very helpful and said they can take my husband as long as he can get on and off the bus with my help. That's exactly the information I needed' date=' so a big thank you for the information![/b']

Archived