which "Caye" is the Coral Sands Beach Resort located on?

Rasta Pirate

I was just there last Thursday. There are several water taxis available from the tourist village area. We used Coral Breeze's own excursion service. We did not snorkle- just wanted a day to relax in the sun. We were a little disappointed. They basically close up around 2:30pm- everyone left the island. So it is not an all day excursion. It is a nice little island and the people there were friendly. Not really a beach- wear water shoes as the "sand " is crushed coral and is sharp to walk on in some area. The water is not clear- they stated it was due to Ivan coming thru, although we had been to Cozumel the day before and the water there was crystal clear. The tourist area is pretty nice- clean and not too pushy of sales people. The pharmacy is great!! Let me know if you have any questions.

I think we are talking about 2 dif. things here. One is the Coral Breezes that does the excursions and the other is Coral Sands Beech Resort which is a beach destination, private beach club...

Granduer 1999

Victory 2001

Triumph 2003

Explorer 2005

sorry everyone- have been busy trying to return to "normal" life since the cruise. I did make a mistake and say coral breeze when I meant coral sands beach resort. We left at 2:30 because the other two ships in port were leaving before us and since there was only maybe 10 or 15 of us left they wouldn't make a separate trip to our ship- so we had to leave when eveyone else did. Worked out O.K.- just would have liked to enjoy the sun and nice breeze a little longer. The food was good- the chicken was bar-b-qued and the rice was good. We also had fresh fruit. If you don't by the packaged deal from Coral sands you can purchase the lunch for $10.00. N0 other options for lunch except nachos and spicy salsa. Frozen alcoholic drinks were great and cost $6.50. We enjoyed the day. Now regarding the tourist village and shopping- we liked the pharmacy- cold drinks like root beer and mountain dew in cans- $1.00!! It was very hot and humid !!! I was able to get retin-A for $8.00 a tube. I also purchased arthritis cream for my parents that will be available in the states in 2 years by RX only- $8.00 a tube. Many people buying antibiotics- not always a good idea- overuse of antibiotics is wide spread in this country- another topic!! I saw many men purchase ***** for $4.00 a pill- cheaper if you buy larger quantities. The pharmacist also made it known that she can give you vicodin and oyxcotin- again another topic for another day!! My husband and I have excellent prescription coverage so I did not purchase any of our regular meds, but our dining partner on the cruise was on this cruise specifically for the arthritis meds at the Belize pharmacy- and she was from Texas and currently purchasing in Mexica. She stated that Belize was one fourth of the price of the states for her medication. She turned 80 during the cruise and this was her 9th cruise. Hope this helps- if you have any other questions please ask, although I am not on the boards as often since is will be 18 months before we sail again. Anne

Archived