Tours in Rome and Payments?

Question, when using RomeInLimo, they want you to make the deposit by credit card now to hold the space and then pay in Euros when you arrive. How has that worked for others? Do you bring lots of USD with you or Travelers Checks? Also, what about the price quoted, did you get a gaurantee that the rate stayed the same - meaning what kind of confirmation did you get? I have never dealt seperately with a tour company like this, I have always used a Travel Agent.

Thanks for your help.

Jennifer :)

Question, when using RomeInLimo, they want you to make the deposit by credit card now to hold the space and then pay in Euros when you arrive. How has that worked for others? Do you bring lots of USD with you or Travelers Checks? Also, what about the price quoted, did you get a gaurantee that the rate stayed the same - meaning what kind of confirmation did you get? I have never dealt seperately with a tour company like this, I have always used a Travel Agent.

Thanks for your help.

Jennifer :)

Hi Jennifer,

I received e-mail confirmations of all the private tours and transfers that I booked.

The confirmation stated the date, type of service, price, and contact info in case of emergency or changes.

I hope this helps and bon voyage!!!!;)

OK, I understand that, but what about paying them? Did you bring over a lot of USD with you and then change it to Euros? Most of the companies I am looking at do not take Credit Cards, so I am concerned about that.

Jennifer

I printed out my e-mail confirmation and brought it on the tour with me. We paid our driver with euro traveler checks and paid the private guides with euros that we purchased before we left home.

I printed out my email confirmation and bought euro's that I had purchased in New York before boarding the Gem. If I was to do it again I would ATM at my first port the amount of euro's needed for my private tours. My bank Commerce did not charge me anything to use them as well as no charge with my Capital One credit card.

I don't know where you get euro's travelers checks or if they cost anything. Hope this helps.

Hi-we got our TC's at our local CAA(or AAA) before we left home. They're free. I just converted our Can. money to Euros at our bank, then went to CAA and they did up the TC's for me.

On the ship and in the hotels, we just kept the TC's in the safe and really didn't worry about it. Tips, I believe, were paid in Euros(cash).

This is what worked for us. Shelly

Archived