Oosterdam Sofa Bed question

pdxmomto2

We are booked in VE 5085 and VE 5083 on the Dec 21 sailing of the Oosterdam.

I was wondering if any one could tell me about the sofa beds in this catagory?

Are they full size or twin size?

Do they fold out in 3 parts like a regular hid-a-bed or slide out flat like a futon?

What do you do with the little coffee table thing when it is folded out?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer!

I'm not too sure about the Verandah cabins, but the sofabed we had, on the Oosterdam, was in an outside cabin and it was a twin size bed. The sofabed folds out like a hide-a-bed. When the cabin steward prepares the sofabed in the evening, he just moves the table to the side and the foot stool underneath the vanity table. There was still enough room to walk around without bumping into the bed or other furniture. Hope this helps.

I'm wondering if we will still be able to get out on the veranda with it open?

Yes, you can still get to the veranda when the sofa bed is open, but it is a very tight squeeze to get past it. :eek:

We pulled the chair that's in the cabin out on the balcony on our first day and left it there throughout our cruise - that gave us some extra room when the sofa bed was pulled out. Our cabin steward pushed the oval table up against the wall next to the vanity and stored the foot stool under the vanity desk every evening when he unfolded the bed.

This was our first cruise so I had to get adjusted to the tight quarters and closed in feeling, but once I got acclimated, it was fine! We had a VB cabin.

• 2 years later...

Do they fold out in 3 parts like a regular hid-a-bed or slide out flat like a futon?

Just doing a thread bump for some of these questions?

Is the bed a full twin size or shorter than normal? Wondering if I could fit my 6 and 4 year old on this. Maybe even sleeping on opposite ends?

We had a VB on the Ossterdam and the sofa bed folded out like a regular hide-a-bed. It is designed for only one person so would be twin size. For the cabins that sleep four there is a twin bed that pops down from the ceiling over top of the main twin / queen bed.

The little coffee table is "little" and can stay in the room while the sofa bed is out, although it makes a tight squeeze even tighter. We moved it out to the balcony where I could put my coffee on it in the morning while the wife and kids were still sleeping.

The veranda door opens out so it will open. Getting around the sofa bed is very tight and one can do it but really there is just enough room for a little more than your legs between the bed and the desk / tv stand.

Hope this helps.

Archived