Skagway today

brunolvr

Those arriving in Skagway this morning (Norwegian Star, Norwegian Pearl, Diamond Princess and Serenade of the Sea) have fair weather and 65 degrees at 5:30 AM! Looks like they're in for a beautiful day!

Ahh, very nice! It was just one week ago that we were there on the Serenade and had miserable weather with rain. Absolutely hated the White Pass Railroad trip, in part because we couldn't see anything! Sounds like they'll have a better day.

ACK! Yall are not helping me pack for our trip at all. I think I better put atleast two short sleeve shirts in my suitcase just incase.

I can tell you this. We have had more rain in the past three days than we have in the past three months combined prior to that, and we went from 95 degrees to the mid 60's, and it is supposed to hover from there to about 70 degrees for the next ten days with showers in there occasionally. Plan for both types of weather, and layer, layer, layer....it'll all work out OK.

Trade you Alaska weather for what we in C. Fla. are getting from Fay. Some areas on the Space Coast have recorded over 30 inches of rain the past 3 days. I have lived in Fla. since 1963 and have never seen such rain. Can't wait for our two week cruise on Infinity in a couple of weeks. Hold that weather.......

Trade you Alaska weather for what we in C. Fla. are getting from Fay. Some areas on the Space Coast have recorded over 30 inches of rain the past 3 days. I have lived in Fla. since 1963 and have never seen such rain. Can't wait for our two week cruise on Infinity in a couple of weeks. Hold that weather.......

WOW! Well, we only got three inches so, if you get here and it is raining, it will still be a lot less than that.

Karen....thanks for the heads up :-) With our warm weather here we have FINALLY had some rain. I think my husband told me we were like 13 inches behind up til recently. Crazy weather!!!!!

Spet 3, 4, and 5 in Seattle WILL be nice ;-) LOL

Karen....thanks for the heads up :-) With our warm weather here we have FINALLY had some rain. I think my husband told me we were like 13 inches behind up til recently. Crazy weather!!!!!

Spet 3, 4, and 5 in Seattle WILL be nice ;-) LOL

We're still about 4" behind what we should be for the summer. But there is still snow melting from our winter storms, and it snowed a bit above 9000 feet with this last storm, so we are hoping things will catch up by fall.

Weather should be reasonable for you while you are here. Supposed to be sunny and 70 tomorrow, then back to cloudy/rainy for the next 10 days.

We got the out skirts of Fay before you guys did and she did enough rain to last me for the rest of the year. Hope she goes away soon and all of you start drying out.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Skagway today! Rain coming down in buckets and fog so thick you can't even see the harbor from the train station (the Island Princess is the only large ship in port today) - http://www.wpyr.com/multimedia/dock.html?TB_iframe=true&height=480&width=650 amd http://www.wpyr.com/multimedia/skagway.html?TB_iframe=true&height=570&width=965

Archived