Must do or see in GC?

DonnaMarieNJ

I'm sorry if this has been requested in the past, but I'd like your advice as to what NOT TO MISS in Grand Cayman.....

It's so hard when you only have a few hours on each island - you want to do it all! And, if you can't do it all, you want to do the best!!:)

Thank you for your patience!

:D Stingray City...hands down. There are a few great companies that you can use...do not go with the ship's tour.

If you are into animals, there is also a Sea Turtle Farm that is super neat...but kinda sad in the sense that some will be consumed :(

:D Stingray City...hands down. There are a few great companies that you can use...do not go with the ship's tour.

If you are into animals, there is also a Sea Turtle Farm that is super neat...but kinda sad in the sense that some will be consumed :(

EBallgrl,

Can you tell us why we shouldn't take the ship tour? We have signed up for one on Royal Caribbean where they take you to one snorkel area, then to Stingray City and then back to the beach for lunch and beaching it. Should I be changing our plans?

Sherry:)

Hi Eballgrl,

Sherry here again. I have already cancelled my Stingray City excursion from the ship after reading more posts here and on another site. I am glad you posted. Didn't think about the hoards of people the cruise ships would be loading on the boats or the trouble of everyone wanting to get back on ship at the same time. Now I have to figure out who to go with. I have found quite a few small boats that take only 25 or so people at a time. Much more pleasant than being elbowed on the cattle boats.

Thanks,

Sherry

:)

We are signed up with Moby Dick for the stingray city excursion on our January cruise on the Legend. I have read a lot of good things about them. I went to their website, filled out the excursion request form and received an answer confirming the same day. Good luck!

Hi, Donna;

Been missing you on the Rollcall and decided to go looking for you.

Just wanted to let you know you're thought of and missed. ;)

Everybody is talking about excursions, and because Donna & I don't usually do a lot of that (we just enjoy the ship) I haven't had a lot to say either.

Hi Darrell, Hi, Sherry!

I'm just weighing my options. Not sure what I want to do yet. The excursions were just listed and everybody has each day planned! It happened so fast!

So, I'm here picking everyone's brains.

I feel "out of place" on the other board. I'm there every day and I read the posts and I'm grateful for all that you've taught and helped me with. I'll be posting again soon. There's 3 months yet to go until we cruise! Lots of time to plan excursions.

Thanks for asking.

(And I can't imagine you not having anything to say - you are so knowledgable!!!! :D Poor Darrell, everyone turns to you for answers! Including me:o Glad you are a good sport!)

We have used Captain Marvins as well my only suggestion is to try to book the first excursion to Stingray City. We were the first group out and arrived before all the cattle boats. This proved to be a great choice as the rays and I mean all of them found us when we arrived... It was fabulous. From there we departed and snorkled and then the driver dropped us off at 7 mile beach and we grabbed a cab back to the port area. It was a great day and we save $$ instead of taking the ship excursion. Have fun.

Hi Eballgrl,

Sherry here again. I have already cancelled my Stingray City excursion from the ship after reading more posts here and on another site. I am glad you posted. Didn't think about the hoards of people the cruise ships would be loading on the boats or the trouble of everyone wanting to get back on ship at the same time. Now I have to figure out who to go with. I have found quite a few small boats that take only 25 or so people at a time. Much more pleasant than being elbowed on the cattle boats.

Thanks,

Sherry

:)

Hey Sherry, sorry I did not subscribe to this thread so I did not see your questions after my 1st post. We used Native way Tours last year and will be using them again this year. They were great! We did the "Stingray city and Island Tour". There were only 4 people on the city part of the tour so it was VERY one-on-one, no crowds (except the rum cake factory-dont care to go back there again). Then we met up with like 3 more people for the Stingrays. They were great, I am really looking forward to going with them again. I am glad that you chose to go with a local company, no matter whom you pick I am sure you will have a better experience than the ship tour, and also these companies need the money a lot more than the cruiselines do! :D Enjoy it!!!

Archived