St. Georges to Horseshoe Bay?

brian2kgt

We will be on the RCI Explorer at the Dockyards in a couple weeks. We were on the same cruise last year in which we took a bus down to Horseshoe bay. This year we wanted to try to get to St. Georges also.

How long is a taxi ride from St. Georges to Horseshoe Bay? I have read that the bus ride which makes an exchange in Hamilton is almost 1.5 hours total trip. Too long to be on a bus if that is correct. Is a taxi much shorter? Would we be better off just to catch the ferry back to the Dockyards then take the express bus to Horseshoe Bay?

We will be on the RCI Explorer at the Dockyards in a couple weeks. We were on the same cruise last year in which we took a bus down to Horseshoe bay. This year we wanted to try to get to St. Georges also.

How long is a taxi ride from St. Georges to Horseshoe Bay? I have read that the bus ride which makes an exchange in Hamilton is almost 1.5 hours total trip. Too long to be on a bus if that is correct. Is a taxi much shorter? Would we be better off just to catch the ferry back to the Dockyards then take the express bus to Horseshoe Bay?

Its not that much shorter by cab. Stay on the Ferry back from St george and take a cab from Hamilton that is the best way I think....

• 2 weeks later...

My family was in Bermuda last week. We had purchased the buss/ferry pass and did use the ferry and the bus for some things. On Tuesday, 8/26, we took a taxi from Horseshoe Bay to the ship which was docked in St. George's. It was a 20 minute ride. 42.00 without the tip. I am returning in October and will again definitely use the taxi over the bus for this trip as the bus does not have a direct route so one has to get on at least 2 busses. That said, the trip will take approximately 90 minutes. In my opinion, it's worth the extra money to save that much time for other things.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your time in Bermuda.

Kim

Thanks Kim for your information. That was my one concern about getting to Horseshoe Bay from St. George via cab. Were there cabs waiting outside the cruise dock? and where did you get the cab for the return trip back? Were people lined up to share the cab ride? Thank you again, Laurie

Thanks Kim for your information. That was my one concern about getting to Horseshoe Bay from St. George via cab. Were there cabs waiting outside the cruise dock? and where did you get the cab for the return trip back? Were people lined up to share the cab ride? Thank you again, Laurie

Laurie,

There were cabs at both the cruise dock in St. George and at Horsehoe Bay. There were plenty. We never waited for a cab.

A while ago another poster gave information regarding taxi companies. I copied it and brought it with me in the event I needed to call a cab. I never needed it but, if you're like me, it'll give you peace of mind to have it. Below is the information I saved from that post:

Here are some numbers for the taxi companies:

Bermuda Taxi Radio Cabs LTD

Tel: 1 441 295 4141

Bermuda Taxi Operators Company Ltd.

Tel: 1 441 292 4175

Bermuda Taxi Services Ltd.

Tel: 1 441 295 8294

B.I.U. Taxi Co-Op Transportation

Tel: 1 441 292 4476

Joell's Limo Taxi Service

Tel: +1 441 296-4848

Fax:+1 441 296-9141